2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Hi. Is this thread still active? I don't see a hatch a long for September :( hope others are hatching with me too

Definitely still active and I'll be hatching in September will be my last hatch of the year though as it's starting to get a bit cold here now... The only reason there isn't a September hatch a long yet is cuz no ones started one yet... you could always start one.

Definitely still active and I'll be hatching in September will be my last hatch of the year though as it's starting to get a bit cold here now... The only reason there isn't a September hatch a long yet is cuz no ones started one yet... you could always start one.
Agreed. I would join but my incubator is currently full of eggs hatching the 31st. After this I'm done until the New Years hatch a long!! :)

LL

Oh my goodness! How adorable is this?!?

Day 20 I have 3 possibly 4 of my 10 Silkie eggs pipped... 1 has pipped at the pointed end so I'm playing a waiting game with that one...

Pip! Now we are getting more babies .. soon.

Are these silkies from your own flock? Do you have photos? I love hatching the silkies, well, sort of..I do get stressed when they go into lock down. That little silkie in my avatar is one I hatched from shipping. Here she is today..still waiting for her to lay..this photo was taken a while back, she is now starting to get pink in that funny comb of hers.

Last edited:
Pip! Now we are getting more babies .. soon. Are these silkies from your own flock? Do you have photos? I love hatching the silkies, well, sort of..I do get stressed when they go into lock down. That little silkie in my avatar is one I hatched from shipping. Here she is today..still waiting for her to lay..this photo was taken a while back, she is now starting to get pink in that funny comb of hers.
I'm fairly new to the chicken world. I'm learning new breeds everyday. Thanks to this informative site!!! This has got to be one of the most beautifully unique breeds I've ever seen! I'm in love.....
2764.png
I've informed my husband that I want a Silkie so bad. I guess now I've got to find one. Or two. Or five!
1f609.png

I'm hoping to do one more in October to see if I could have some chicks hatch on my birthday :) and then I'm also done until the New Year's Hatch Along.
Mine hatching the 31st are due for my birthday! I didn't even plan it it just kinda happened but hey I'm not complaining. By next year I'll have my breeder pens done and maybe I'll get a sportsman to keep up with egg hatching. No one around here seems to want chicks in the summer and fall, they all want them late winter and spring. The eggs hatching the 31st should be laying by that time so it will be a blast

Back
Top Bottom