2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Here is AlleyOops. Was purchased as a hen....just found out she's a He! (Alley was her name.....)lol Yes miss I sure did. And aren't they all lovely!!!!! Ohhhh I want silkies!!! My husbands on board.
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
lol
Well then, look at him! Ally...Oops is very handsome. :)
Well thank ya! Now that we know he's a he....it all makes sense. The no egg laying,the tackling the girls(just thought she was a bully),the huge feet and thick legs and the different feathers. And then there was the very strange crow we were hearing from the coop in the early am. Again,we thought ,Oliver,the lil bantam Roo,was clearing his throat! Lol heeee heeee......

My eggs are hatching!!!! 3 so far tiday with 4 more pips!! This is my 3rd try, the last 2 I had 100% fail. I have 11 more due now, 20 silky & Cochin due Friday & 15 Ameraucauna & Cinnamon Queens due in 13 days.
Yes it's a staggered hatch & we shall see if it works.

What do you all like for your lockdown humidity? My book says for lockdown 65+ %. I've always had trouble maintaining it. It wants to go lower, but I've still had excellent hatches keeping it in the 60+% range.
Hatch day should be tomorrow and the humidity is holding at 74%. Is that all right or do you think it is too high? It would be easy to lower it, but if I do I would be worried if I need to get it up again as it seems to be harder to raise than lower it.

What do you all like for your lockdown humidity?  My book says for lockdown 65+ %.  I've always had trouble maintaining it.  It wants to go lower, but I've still had excellent hatches keeping it in the 60+% range. 
      Hatch day should be tomorrow and the humidity is holding at 74%.  Is that all right or do you think it is too high?  It would be easy to lower it, but if I do I would be worried if I need to get it up again as it seems to be harder to raise than lower it.

I aim for 65%. for me, anything higher and I get sticky chicks.

So today my eggs are on day 23. I was certain they were goners. I candled my first egg and it was moving. I actually saw the chick moving!!!! I'm so beyond excited :celebrate there is no internal pips but I have heard of people getting at day 25 or even later. Oh I really hope I get a fluffy butt

So today my eggs are on day 23. I was certain they were goners. I candled my first egg and it was moving. I actually saw the chick moving!!!! I'm so beyond excited
celebrate.gif
there is no internal pips but I have heard of people getting at day 25 or even later. Oh I really hope I get a fluffy butt

Awesome! I really hope they hatch!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom