2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Here's a better picture of two of the Olive Eggers.

@Gloryjasmine
Thanks and no problem worth the wait. Your little ones are adorable. What are they?

Coolness. They are bantams. Daddy is an English Game and mama I guess is just banty. I'm not sure. Tiny tiny!

(Feather duster is a great idea. I've noticed though that mine like a little weight on them. Like it was their actual mother on top. Not too heavy. Still a good idea though.)

Now promise you won't laugh.....just a thought. I have two bantam chicks inside with me. I do not have a brooder. I've come up with a small cat carrier,with a heating pad inside,a washcloth over it and a little bit of pine chips. They stay very warm and cozy. However,I noticed they were having a hard time falling asleep. I thought about it and I had an epiphany! Lol what would they normally be doing right now if they were to be going to sleep with their mama? Yes! Nestling up under her breast. Snuggled in her feathers. So ,here's the part where you promised not to laugh,I put a stuffed animal frog in their house. Yep. A green plushy dog toy. And omgosh did it make a world of difference. It's the cutest thing. Every time they go nauny,they both get right up under Brea,the mama frog.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f438.png
. I know it's usually different when you have multiples. My chicks that are about a week older are snuggling up at night and warm. Maybe this will give you an idea? Maybe just add a smile to your face.
263a.png
And everyone else's here! Lol good luck sweetie! (Also added a blanket over the carrier as chicken have an internal alarm clock. Dawn,wakey wakey. Dusk,snoozy time!)

I love this idea. I was waiting for you to say you had them in your shirt, but a stuffed dog toy is a better idea and one we might borrow.

Back
Top Bottom