2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Yep day 19 & last week my 1st group hatched on day 19 & 20. I just thought it was odd that they are all going early. I am happy, as it means a staggered hatch is definitely doable!!! Since my incubator holds a 100 eggs it's nice to hatch out in smaller groups.

Tonight will be 3 days left for me here. I have a hard time (3 eggs in there) 2 brown and 1 blue seeing anything in them during candling. So just going to hope the best should see a pip in the next day or so if the conditions are right.
The other incubator with 24 eggs in it had a way high temp flux (109 degrees) in the first 24 hours and I am hoping I didn't lose any.

Last edited:
Went out to the coop this afternoon to see 1 of my broody silkies off her 2 eggs just hanging around. Checked her eggs and 1 had a pip so I quickly brought into the house and into the bator after I made sure the pip was thru the membrane. She is a notoriously bad at being broody. She never has finished the job to hatch day but loves to jump nests and try. Hopefully everything will turn out.

We had a 45% hatch rates but we sold all but 2 lavender Orpington babies.
We plan to do one last hatch for the year, only because they'll cone off right before our final poultry swap in September
1f414.png

Well it's bedtime for me.

5 out of 8 cream legbars have hatched
0 out of 9 jubilee orpingtons

I have a pip on 2 clb eggs, and 1 pip on a jubilee eggs. Hopefully will wake up to some more fluffy butts. Goodnight all.

Yep day 19 & last week my 1st group hatched on day 19 & 20. I just thought it was odd that they are all going early. I am happy, as it means a staggered hatch is definitely doable!!! Since my incubator holds a 100 eggs it's nice to hatch out in smaller groups.

Yay! Nope that means you can clear out the dry,fluffy butts into your brooder(or wherever you place them)to make room for more zippers!!! Pics please!!!!

Well it's bedtime for me.

5 out of 8 cream legbars have hatched
0 out of 9 jubilee orpingtons

I have a pip on 2 clb eggs, and 1 pip on a jubilee eggs. Hopefully will wake up to some more fluffy butts. Goodnight all.

Congrats
Good night and good luck..

Back
Top Bottom