2015 August hatch-a-long!!

I'm so happy for you guys!!! The above fluffy butts are just precious. So before leaving for the dentist,which it's a good thing I'm typing and not trying to talk(drool
1f60b.png
1f4a6.png
),I checked in on my chickie-doos. Gabby has gaffled Bella's banty eggs!!! Oh brother....they're already growing inside. Too late to pull. I don't want to though. I just love the cute,lil banty chicks. But yall know,she's my mama murderer! She'll go all the way to hatch time and then kill what she doesn't approve of. So.... I think I'm going to let her incubate until.....I'll check day 19 and on. And unfortunately I'll have to pull and raise the youngins. Unless Bella takes her control back. Should I pull them now,and separate Bella and her eggs so she can continue? Advice!!!??? Put her in separate quarters? Only thing is Oliver has to be with her. He'll freak out if he's not with her.

Last edited:
God bless everyone my wife and i are first time owners we have Buff Oprington blonde and dark brown we have one rooster his name is freddy we want to start incubating so we can grow our flock but have no clue how to tell if the eggs are fertilized or not

Husband woke me up to tell me our day 19 eggs have some pips. I took a picture of the first hole I saw. Not sure what it'll be like when I get home from work, but they were talkin to me.

@Gloryjasmine

That one you like is a silver laced wyandotte. We have four pullets and a roo.

Hahahahhahahhahahha :) of course I didn't I'm well housebroken.

Well lets just say I have scratches and small cuts from the aggressive roo. He was the sweetest chick but we have to take a stick with us when we go to the run to hold him at a distance. I don't want to be afraid to spend time with my birds and have to have someone watching my back. Is awful. So we're selling him to a family for meat.

@gloryjasmine. You could separate them but don't forget Oliver may attack the chicks when they hatch so that's up to you but I'd keep a close eye out
Oh and BTW Nugget is like that too he knows he's handsome and he's always dancing for the ladies. :)

I ended up with 12 out of 15 but 1 isn't doing well. There was blood in the shell & it was stuck. After a couple hours I took a warm rag & wiped the dried blood off it. It's not fluffing up so hopefully it will now. I layer it on some warm eggs in the incubator & figured I will check on it tonight. :(

Back
Top Bottom