8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Woke up this morning to chicks that are fluffing out much better and THREE new babies. And to top it off, TWO are naked necks! I'm so excited about that! The third is a cute little Ameraucana :) It does look like the wrong end pip egg gave a valiant attempt but just couldn't correct. I can't even use the tube to flip it over because its attempts basically made that side of the egg flat. I have one chick that might have gotten shrink wrapped in my attempts to get the humidity down. The other chicks pushed it near the vent hole so I put a bit of water on the membrane and found the chick still alive. I don't know if I should try to put a bit more on it or just let it be. I have another Am egg that I thought was shrink wrapped as well and it's in a corner of the bator I can't get the tubing to, but it looks like it has broken through the membrane, so maybe I'm okay with that one? Time will tell I guess. I have one other Am egg that has a small pip, but there are still like three others that I haven't seen anything yet. I'm gonna try to sit on my hands and hope the rest didn't suffer from my humidity drama :/

Anyway. Here's a few photos of the noobies.

Woke up this morning to chicks that are fluffing out much better and THREE new babies. And to top it off, TWO are naked necks! I'm so excited about that! The third is a cute little Ameraucana :) It does look like the wrong end pip egg gave a valiant attempt but just couldn't correct. I can't even use the tube to flip it over because its attempts basically made that side of the egg flat. I have one chick that might have gotten shrink wrapped in my attempts to get the humidity down. The other chicks pushed it near the vent hole so I put a bit of water on the membrane and found the chick still alive. I don't know if I should try to put a bit more on it or just let it be. I have another Am egg that I thought was shrink wrapped as well and it's in a corner of the bator I can't get the tubing to, but it looks like it has broken through the membrane, so maybe I'm okay with that one? Time will tell I guess. I have one other Am egg that has a small pip, but there are still like three others that I haven't seen anything yet. I'm gonna try to sit on my hands and hope the rest didn't suffer from my humidity drama :/ Anyway. Here's a few photos of the noobies.
Have you tried assisting the ones you thought were gonners/shrink wrapped? The americauna is adorable btw!!!
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom