8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

This is me!!!! Lol Ive actually really done this before, I thought I could just "sneak" a few in with out notice lol

Last edited:
I love all the pictures of everyones new chicks! I did not participate in this Hal like i wanted to, but I too have some great news today.. My Thanksgiving babies are finally going out side today!!! (Its about time)

Congratulations!!!

I have silkies that hatched 11/29 and I would LOVE to move them outside, but they don't have nearly as many feathers as yours appear to have!

I love all the pictures of everyones chicks! I did not participate in this Hal like i wanted to, but I too have some great news today.. My Thanksgiving babies are finally going out side today!!! (Its about time)

They are adorable :) congrats!

My chicken name is Junie Macroosty lol

I have THIRTY THREE CHICKS now!!!
lol.png

12 from my White leghorn rooster, Captain Jack.
20 from Garfunkel, my True Ameraucana, wheaten variety
and one from my sneaky buff laced Polish, Ringo

one more pip and two eggs that have done NOTHING.
Day 22 started at 9pm last night so I'll give those two some extra time.

I have THIRTY THREE CHICKS now!!!
lol.png

12 from my White leghorn rooster, Captain Jack.
20 from Garfunkel, my True Ameraucana, wheaten variety
and one from my sneaky buff laced Polish, Ringo

one more pip and two eggs that have done NOTHING.
Day 22 started at 9pm last night so I'll give those two some extra time.
Wow, that's a LOT of chicks!!! Congratulations!!!!

Quote:
Thank you. I set 42 but 4 were duds. Two died between the first candling and lockdown, so that left me with 36. I'm hatching as many as I can because I'm trying to improve egg color in my easter egger flock. I want them to be as blue as they can get! The leghorn was only allowed to be in the coop because my Ameraucana boy was a slow starter and needed some tips LOL. Silly guy kept falling forward!!!

Thank you. I set 42 but 4 were duds. Two died between the first candling and lockdown, so that left me with 36. I'm hatching as many as I can because I'm trying to improve egg color in my easter egger flock. I want them to be as blue as they can get! The leghorn was only allowed to be in the coop because my Ameraucana boy was a slow starter and needed some tips LOL. Silly guy kept falling forward!!!
LOL, sounds like he's figured it out though! Not bad especially for a youngster!

Good luck on the color improvement. Keep us posted on how it's going!

Back
Top Bottom