a Turken that lays a green or blue egg?

i gotta say i love my naked neck. i am surpised at how hardy they seem to be in my cold winter weather. i have never lost a naked neck to the cold, but i have other breeds( i do not have heat to my coop, and it's not insulated either but rarely have a loss due to that) anyway, i wish i could get more with different colors
smile.png

Sue

I love this thread!

I thought this guy was a hen until I saw him on top of one of my hens. Anyway, I really want to pair him with my buff orpington/EE hen - she lays green eggs. I wish I had better incubation skills. I have some of my eggs in the bator, and tomorrow is day 18. I'm just really really hoping I have at least one or two hatch.
fl.gif

Here's the frizzle roo:
26636_100_3280.jpg

Here's the Buff Orpington/EE hen:
26636_ee.jpg

my incubation skills are pretty good. i have hatched out some really good stats last year. this year i have my first set in the bator. i dunno what my next set will be.
smile.png
i hafta see what cash i have left lol. i have a beautiful reddish colored Naked neck rooster. I don't have anything seperated out anyway. so hatching out what i have.. will result in whatever lol. i have two feather necked roosters, and two naked neck roosters. (both are mixes.. the red one was mixed with blue orp. and turken... not sure on color.) and the hens are EE, turkens and mixed. oh and one black cochin
smile.png

Quote:
If it lays green/blue eggs it isn't a pure necked neck.
Hunter S.

so what am i supposed to call them? one person says not to say they are turkens and another says don't call it a naked neck. well, im sorry but in my book, it don't have feathers on it's neck. it's a naked neck. if you had read other posts you would have seen that we have already come to this conclusion.​

I agree. To me, turkens have that fine, sawtooth type comb, a hawk like face, sturdy shanks, strong, hard feathering, angular bodies. Naked neck is anything from a showgirl to all the crazy crosses that can be thought up by anyone. But, I don't know jack about APA and names. I just like the crazy crosses.

Quote:
If it lays green/blue eggs it isn't a pure necked neck.
Hunter S.

so what am i supposed to call them? one person says not to say they are turkens and another says don't call it a naked neck. well, im sorry but in my book, it don't have feathers on it's neck. it's a naked neck. if you had read other posts you would have seen that we have already come to this conclusion.​

A naked neck chicken is dual purpose bree that lays brown eggs. If it lays green/blue eggs it is not a naked neck. That is like calling a easter egger an aracana or calling a Rhode island red a Barred Rock. I hope you dont intend to breed and sell these "green/blue egg laying nacked necks" because that will be a big rip off. I Crossed my cochin rooster over my nacked neck hen the off-spring has a featherless neck, but it isn't a nacked neck! Oh and chickeypoo you don't have to be a butt about it; we are just talking about chickens!!
Hunter S.

i don't think im being a butt about it(but i feel that you are) and i NEVER said i was going to sell them as such. read my posts. i wanted a green egg laying naked neck so that way i can have the best of both worlds. that was the original reasoning behind this post. if you don't like me calling them turkens or naked necks then don't read my posts. I don't breed show birds, and i don't sell eggs as anything pure. so, i don't think that me wanting a green egg laying turken/naked neck is going against anything.

if a naked neck is a dual purpose breed then what is a turken?

Back
Top Bottom