ALABAMA!!

Wisher 1000 you are correct it won't happen by me either. I don't mind paying extra for a little older pullet or a young layer. Not a day old unsexed bird.

One of mine?

Yes, ma'am.

I think one of the two gals standing directly under the bucket.

Yet to see an olive egg, but I think only 5 or so are laying. Started about a week ago. I've got 2 brown eggers, 2-3 blue eggers so far.

The one near my thumb was a double yolker. When they have only one yolk they're teeny
lol.png

Does anybody know where I can get some pure Americauna chicks or hatching eggs in Southeast AL? I ended up with Easter eggers last time and most of them turned out to be roosters. I would love some blues or wheatens. Also, I have a brahma who has been broody for weeks. I put her in a broody buster pen for several days and one day after I let her out she was back in the nest. If I give her some fertile eggs what are the odds she'll stay broody till they hatch?

Autumn Jones in Dothan has them she is in Dothan AL and she is a member on here as well as on Wiregrass poultry buy sell trade on Facebook. She should be hatching some in next month or so or have the hatching eggs also.

I have put my Splash Ameraucanas on Craigslist and wanted to share some pics here. Pass the word and let me know if anyone is interested.

Looking at just the tails, I think this one is a pullet...

...and the one on the right is a cockerel, right?
pullet on the left? Golden Campine in the middle....isn't she pretty?
And lots this size....who knows!

I have probably thirty or more of these that I would like to sell. I also have some blues, blacks, and lavenders that I will sell once I choose the ones that I want to keep. I am also considering selling some of the Golden Campines that I have raised, but I haven't decided just yet.

Last edited:
I've got a couple long tailed pullets, even one hen like that. I find checking for pointy feathers vs rounded feathers seems to work best, especially in the shoulder/neck area.

Back
Top Bottom