Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I only have one little wheaten girl, I call her Lil' Bit - she was a late hatcher and quite small, but she's the CUTEST little girl, and super friendly - love this pic:

WheatenAmeraucanapullet-22weeksd.jpg

pips&peeps :

He's an araucana. He is bilaterally tufted, and is a good solid black boy. I would think that you could sell him and get some money for him. The only bad thing is that he is tailed.

Jean, I almost replied to you to say he can't be an Araucana since he has a tail but then I noticed you mentioned that in your post. so, if he's got a tail, how can he be an Araucana?

Isn't it more likely that he's an EE mix between an Araucana (the tufts) and an Ameraucana (the rest of him)? While the coloration is off for a Black Ameraucana, the rest of him appears to be more Ameraucana than anything else.

Btw, with regard to Lisa Cree, I wasn't aware that she had Lavendars either. Just curious, are you sure it was Lisa's auction or was it someone saying they had birds from her lines? As far as I know, Jean is correct in that she had the WBS variety but got rid of everything but her BBS.

Hey Jean, have you (or anyone else) heard from or seen Lisa lately? I haven't seen her on the ABC board in a long time nor have I seen her at any shows. She sort of dropped off the radar.

God Bless,​

Quote:
Jean, I almost replied to you to say he can't be an Araucana since he has a tail but then I noticed you mentioned that in your post. so, if he's got a tail, how can he be an Araucana?

Isn't it more likely that he's an EE mix between an Araucana (the tufts) and an Ameraucana (the rest of him)? While the coloration is off for a Black Ameraucana, the rest of him appears to be more Ameraucana than anything else.

Btw, with regard to Lisa Cree, I wasn't aware that she had Lavendars either. Just curious, are you sure it was Lisa's auction or was it someone saying they had birds from her lines? As far as I know, Jean is correct in that she had the WBS variety but got rid of everything but her BBS.

Hey Jean, have you (or anyone else) heard from or seen Lisa lately? I haven't seen her on the ABC board in a long time nor have I seen her at any shows. She sort of dropped off the radar.

God Bless,

Araucana can be:
- Tufted and Tailed
- Tufted and Partly Tailed
- Tufted and Rumpless
- Non Tufted and Tailed
- Non Tufted and Partly Tailed
- Non Tufted and Rumpless

If you are showing Araucana then you can only show Rumpless Araucana.
Many Breeders keep tailed Araucana in their flock to improve fertility as the Rumpless gene is thought to decrease fertility in the breed.

the bird you are refering to is without a doubt Araucana and a good looking one at that.

Quote:

God Bless,

Araucana can be:
- Tufted and Tailed
- Tufted and Partly Tailed
- Tufted and Rumpless
- Non Tufted and Tailed
- Non Tufted and Partly Tailed
- Non Tufted and Rumpless

If you are showing Araucana then you can only show Rumpless Araucana.
Many Breeders keep tailed Araucana in their flock to improve fertility as the Rumpless gene is thought to decrease fertility in the breed.

the bird you are refering to is without a doubt Araucana and a good looking one at that.

Thanks (blush)...I am very pleasantly surprised to learn who/what he actually he is. I'd like to search for some nice Araucana mates for him. Any breeder recommendations for me?

Back
Top Bottom