Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

My basket full of B/B/S AM babies. Plus 2 EE hatchmates.
jumpy.gif

Yes there should be enough white pullets to breed white to white resulting in 100% white.Watch for the yellow and eliminate those from your breeding pen.After that select for type and size when you can.When they breed true and meet the standard then they are ameraucana.A plus on whites it is easier to keep a diverse gene pool which helps with vigor and egg laying.Since white removes any color they do not have to be severly inbred to maintain a pattern.I may have stepped on some toes there but that is only my opinion and not ment to offend.My bantam whites are excellent layers.Laying about 6 eggs per week per hen.I feel this is partially due to a diverse gene pool.By using whites that pop up in other colors the gene pool is diverse.There are genes from black,blue,silver and even buff in my floc
Jerryse. I was just getting into it with a guy on the EE thread who wont call his all black birds ameraucana even if they are perfect ams. I was remembering your post and i think i found one that your opinion offends. lol my response to that.
tongue.gif
RIght!!!! I think i lean more on your side. Maybe this guy was so determined to call any black ameraucana an EE because his are of mixed blood and his morals wont allow himself to call it an ameraucana. Which if that's is the case i support him. in reality have no clue and i am just guessing. but i think this whole topic gets people persnickety and its rather annoying. because after all when it comes down to it if yours ALWAYS BREED TRUE to standard then i say good job on getting your gene pool stronger.

Yes there should be enough white pullets to breed white to white resulting in 100% white.Watch for the yellow and eliminate those from your breeding pen.After that  select for type and size when you can.When they breed true and meet the standard then they are ameraucana.A plus on whites it is easier to keep a diverse gene pool which helps with vigor and egg laying.Since white removes any color they do not have to be severly inbred to maintain a pattern.I may have stepped on some toes there but that is only my opinion and not ment to offend.My bantam whites are excellent layers.Laying about 6 eggs per week per hen.I feel this is partially due to a diverse gene pool.By using whites that pop up in other colors the gene pool is diverse.There are genes from black,blue,silver and even buff in my floc

Jerryse. I was just getting into it with a guy on the EE thread who wont call his all black birds ameraucana even if they are perfect ams. I was remembering your post and i think i found one that your opinion offends. lol  my response to that. :tongue RIght!!!! I think i lean more on your side. Maybe this guy was so determined to call any black ameraucana an EE because his are of mixed blood and his morals wont allow himself to call it an ameraucana. Which if that's is the case i support him.  in reality have no clue and i am just guessing. but i think this whole topic gets people persnickety and its rather annoying. because after all when it comes down to it if yours ALWAYS BREED TRUE to standard then i say good job on getting your gene pool stronger.  

First I am not a guy second I have black ams and black EE what i said was I would not try to pass off an EE as a black am..... they are not breed to standard..... they are not ameraucanas!

Breed description in the SOP. SOP states that Ameraucanas lay "eggs with blue shells".
would it not just be a bluish tinted egg of a varying degree? I have yet to see any that would be a 100% blue. usually more aqua greenish blue or lighter.
I have numerous bluebirds around me and they lay a blue egg.
Just curious. I need to order the chart because from photo's it is hard to tell.

This was posted on the EE forum. The op isnt DMRippy, she is just replying. Where do people get this stuff?

Quote: I will get my SOP and look that up, that is a first.... never heard that. I have never read that in my SOP either. There are no pedigrees in chickens required to show or breed.

Where did you read that or hear it? Is that on the Ameraucana Breed Club site? That can not be true! If that were true as soon as you bought birds from a RECOGNIZED breeder.... they are then EE in your hands
hide.gif

What I meant was that the ones I hatched would not be Ameraucanas. The ones from the Breeder would be Ameraucanas. Yes it is from the Breeders club. I think the APA uses that as a standard when you show them. It might work if I told the person i sold them to the name of the Breeder I got them from. They would then have to lie and say the birds came from the recognized breeder and not me.

This is one of the reasons I have EEs and not Ameraucanas. I may some day get some Anconas--those do not have the weird breeder problem. Like others have said, Ameraucanas are the only ones to have that problem. Wyandottes are Wyandottes regardless of color. Some are hatchery quality and some are show quality.

Bye,

Back
Top Bottom