Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
I wish I had been able to go back and pick up the hatcher that was with my Sportsman when we got it.

Very nice. Makes mine look even older now. LOL

I got the old 1502 cleaned up, air hosed out and used the fogger with oxine in it. It is packed into the trailer and ready to go to Stevenson for Linda to pick up.

I am doing a little work on the old hatcher as it was not built as good as the incubator. It is getting some new hardware and a paint job.

Donnie, not too bad on the egg color.

one is a little darker than the other , but then i did use the flash on the camera so ill take some in the sunlight and compare , i compared to the egg color chart and by my eyes ( which can fail me lol ) they look like A8 and A9 ...

Quote:
I'm down to an even dozen W/BW eggs in my bator... I'm so hoping all of them hatch.

I'll probably have to do one more W/BW hatch before the heat sets in.

i have been hatching ameraucana eggs too , trying to get them all hatched before the oklahoma summer weather kicks in

i have been hatching eggs from jean and wayne both

blue splash , white , wheaten / blue weaton and lav from jean
and white from wayne , and i have another set of eggs from wayne on the way i dont remember if its the assorted set or just whites again lol but either way it doesnt matter to me , i just know im trying to hatch all the ameraucanas i can so i can have a good size flock to work with

I am quite jealous of all you able to hatch Ameraucana eggs. Over here I'm hatching plenty, but the chicks that come out of them are not purebred.
wink.png

The only actual, umm, claimed program going on is, well, not going on. I've separated my Buff cockerel, finally, and he likes his new private area - But he shows absolutely no interest in females.

barnie.gif

Quote:
i have that issue with my sussex roo , well the light coronation split is young but still yet to top a hen and the speckled sussex roo is just flat out rude , he wont touch a hen unless he is free ranging once cooped up no more hen talking

My first two black/lav split chicks from crystalcreek are all fluffed up!! There's 12 more eggs in lock down, not due until later today. Didn't have any pips when I left for work, came home to two fluffy chicks!
woot.gif

Quote:
Don't give up, I had a white [with nearly black shanks but scant beard] that seemed to be actually afraid of the big CX pullets I had him penned with; quit crowing and stayed as far as possible from them while I was around. I replaced him with an aggressive breeder of another breed, but started getting fertile eggs from that pen sooner than expected. Sure enough, the eggs from that pen over the next three weeks hatched both bearded and clean faced chicks, but all with slate legs; that Ameraucana had been doing his job on the down-low. [I got rid of him due to his only having one copy for beard/muffs, but got some huge blue/green eggers for my project.]

I found this egg this morning. It is from one of my lavender pullets. This is not a joke, this is the actual egg color.

I imagine the next one won't be exactly this color since sometimes the eggs take a long time to run through the oviduct when the birds are first starting up.

5845_egg.jpg

Hopefully you can see the detail in the picture. This looks like it was painted with dye for easter.

Well, the picture does not do it justice. It is a much darker blue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom