Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Might anyone have any bantam ameraucana or bantam ee hatching eggs available later in the spring ? I want some blue egg layers just for pets but dont want to order from a hatchery.

Okay leg shot...attempt 3. This was in natural light outside.

p.s. Thank you all for your patience and advice!

Last edited:
Does anyone know a breeder or hatchery that sells hatching eggs in a variety pack? I'd like to get some wheaten (or blue wheaten), white, black, blue, and lavender eggs all at the same time to set in the incubator. I don't need all those colors but want to get a combo of colors in one egg batch. I can get blue and black together at one place but can't find anyone who sells at least 3 colors. I don't want to order 100 eggs from 6 places, and hatching and introducing new birds for every batch would be a huge pain in the butt. Anyone have a good website for me to check?

Have you checked the breeder's list on the Ameraucana website? Several of the breeders raise several different kinds of Ameraucanas. Depending on what's laying they may be able to get you some variety. Much better quality than hatchery- and true to breed instead of easter eggers.

I don't think I've checked there yet can you list the website so I can check it out? I know a few hatcheries that sell pure ameraucana rather then EE but they only have black and blue from what I can see, and they seem a bit pricey for hatchery stock. Plus you never really know what your actually getting, are they breeding Ameraucana or just black EE to black EE. I would defiantly feel better about a breeder's birds in this instance.

Back
Top Bottom