Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Umm, it looks like I see three black cockerels in those photos.
wink.png

Yeah you have some boys there. Unless those hens were really undernourished. But I think they are just young boys.

Henry

Theres young roo's and Hens they were in bad shape I have 20 of them the rest are plain EE's They were all Missing there tail. and I am not the best of guessing there sex I caged a rooster who was fighting with another roo and when I went to give him water there was a big blue egg in there.
hu.gif
Perhaps I can get the daughter to Hold all my pures up for sexing from you pro's
wink.png

I have some birds that I hatched out of Wayne's eggs. All nice, all big, not a fault I can find in any of them. I have a blue wheaten pullet from his eggs that is spectacular. I can't wait till she starts laying.

Quote:
Oh I guess they are a mix. I thought you were saying all you had was female Ameraucanas and that EE rooster. I am sure everyone would be glad to help you sex the Ameraucana's. If they are all missing their tails you may need to reduce the number of boys you have. Glad your giving them a good new home!

Henry

Here henry let me go get an actual Pick of the whole barn of them then you will truly Understand I was trying to snap picks without my EE muts in the pics so I was limited to shots. I dont want to go seperate my flock Just for pictures so work with me on the Eeaster Eggers Since it was requested pure breeds Only
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
You're good. I wouldn't worry about Wayne's birds- you are fortunate to have them- and so many! There are enough established breeders out there now that if you add a few different lines you'll be set.
big_smile.png

we picked up 3 Wheaton pullets from Wayne just about a month ago to give our boy we hatched out from your eggs HappyMtn some friends. He has a very nice set up and very willing to answer all our questions. We are still waiting to see what color egg the pullets lays from your eggs HappyMtn!
fl.gif

Ok I have Mutts (EE's)
DSC00790.jpg

And then I have Ameraucana's. However I am very new to this breed and I very well could have been suckered and Bought all these roosters that were suppose to be Pullets.
DSC00791.jpg
DSC00792.jpg
.Please feel free to tell me about these birds If I bought a bunch of trash you wont hurt my feelings.I am trying to fill my farm with only Good breed stock and I have noticed alot of people sell you there culls. or take advantage of someone not so educated in the breeds. As for the mutts these are from an old elderly lady who could no longer care for birds I felt so sorry. these birds were badly infected with scaly leg mites and Definatly neglected I have bounced them back alot since I took them on. I intend to resell them at a later date Is I have no real use for mutts here at my farm.

Just courious are you judging that by the short tails because they had alot of damage looked like something ripped out all the tail feathers and road them hard. I treated them and there healing up. I have no way to sex these so i would be interested in how. To avoid further hastles. Hate to admit it but I spent quite a bit on them.

No, it's because of the combs. The EE's in the top photo are girls, but the bottom photo is a bunch of EE and Ameraucana cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom