Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Yes- unfortunately many people are mis-informed- but that's what we're here for! To learn and share and all that good stuff. Still- it's a lovely egg. We should be so lucky- not all true ameraucanas have color that nice.

You would think the judges at the California State Fair would know the deal about the green legs.

Either way, Lola is a really, really sweet bird... blue eggs just makes her that much sweeter to us!
smile.png
Hehehe. We would love her even if she laid black eggs with chartreuse polka dots (of course, if she did THAT, people would be trying to take her from me.... LOL).

Thanks for the information, everyone. I shall leave this thread (since I still have no true ameraucanas) but thank you all for your kind advice. Perhaps I shall come back again someday if I ever get ameraucanas, which I just may do next spring when we expand.

Everyone have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Quote:
Aww too cute! I'd give them another 2 weeks- they still look a bit young to be showing the dark feathers.

SteveH- I bought one of those really expensive converters for my car just in case the power went out during incubation. Well- the power DID go out. When I took the bator out to the car to plug it in it fried BOTH of my 120v outlets.
rant.gif
And the converter!

Not sure what you mean by " fried BOTH of my 120v outlets " .
I tried to brew coffee on a trip , but evidently the drip type coffee maker was too high wattage [ never did find out what it was supposed to draw , and I thought it had to be listed on the machine ] ; all it did was fail to brew then finally blew the fuse in the converter . Now you have me afraid to plug my 'bator into it
tongue.png
. However , I just remembered that the place I'm moving to for the winter has a generater sitting on the back deck so ...................

Pictures of one of my lavender boys at six months of age; still growing and not fully feathered yet. Actually, this poor bird lost about half his feathers last week in a fox attack! I guess he was large enough to escape the fox's grip and get away, but he lost a lot of feathers and sustained some bruising and bite injuries. He is very gentle and follows me around like a puppy. I am so thankful I didn't lose him! I am putting the first batch of eggs in the incubator tomorrow and hoping for some great results. The bird pictured is from Harry Shaffer and I also have pips&peeps and Paul Smith to thank for sending me some nice birds for my lavender project. Depending on how the pullets lay, I may have enough to share for those of you who are interested in acquiring this variety.
53919_dsc_0493.jpg

53919_dsc_0522.jpg

53919_dsc_0519b.jpg

And baby pictures....
53919_35.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom