Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Here are the two survivors from my John Blehm order....what an ordeal that was. One is a mystery chick and the other is a wheaten. So any guesses to what the mystery chick is?? At first I thought buff but now I am leaning towards splash wheaten because of the white tips. The wheaten is a roo right? Mystery chick is on the right.
2011-04-16_10-46-30_46.jpg

On the left in this pic.
2011-04-16_10-46-15_335.jpg

John doesn't breed BW/SW, right? Only Wheatens?

I bet it's a Buff... I dunno though.
hu.gif

The odd ball chick that he included in my order was a White, those aren't listed on his order form so then again maybe it could be a SW!

Last edited:
Last Falls shipment from Jean, I think they are so beautiful!

79884_dsc00856.jpg

We have it narrowed down to three Buff cockerels. I will eventually post pics of all three as I will need help deciding who should move on.

79884_dsc00879.jpg

We also had a heck of a time with our John Blehm shipment. Had 58 shipped, not sure how many we have left yet, but we lost a lot of wheatens especially the first 5 days. Terrible ordeal with pasty bottoms. I was out there twice a day at least cleaning chicken butts off.

chicks&kids :

Last Falls shipment from Jean, I think they are so beautiful!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/79884_dsc00856.jpg
We have it narrowed down to three Buff cockerels. I will eventually post pics of all three as I will need help deciding who should move on.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/79884_dsc00879.jpg

We also had a heck of a time with our John Blehm shipment. Had 58 shipped, not sure how many we have left yet, but we lost a lot of wheatens especially the first 5 days. Terrible ordeal with pasty bottoms. I was out there twice a day at least cleaning chicken butts off.

I think they too are goooooooooooooooooooorgeous!!!
xoox​

Quote:
I know it's so strange......I thought I read somewhere on ABC that he had a few BW but not enough to list them on his order form.
Here is a splash wheaten I hatched out a couple years ago...
IMG_3108.jpg

same SW just a little older..
IMG_3258.jpg

Here is the mystery chick....
2011-04-16_13-20-29_795.jpg

2011-04-16_13-21-20_847.jpg

I think it is a SW!

OK I just got my 1st Ameraucanas. I am sooooooo happy. I got 2 hens and 2 roo's they are 6 mo.old. The kicker is that my DH said he promised one of the roo's I got to a friend of his and I can only keep one now. Who do I keep for breeding stock.

54132_img_0701.jpg

54132_img_0702.jpg

Back
Top Bottom