American serama thread!

My girls Annabelle & McKenna (4 month old Seramas) & their "sister" Ava (3 month old polish tolbunt)
Thay decided the new coop chairs I bought for us humans were just right

Hi! I'm new to this thread and about to be a first time chicken owner next week. I ordered my chicks from mypetchicken and have been doing my research, but I only now came across the Serama breed
he.gif
. I am in NY just above NYC and would love to look into ordering a pair of seramas for next season. Does anyone know a reputable hatchery that carries them? I have been looking but am really only familiar with a few big name hatcheries who don't seem to carry them. Would love a male and female if possible!

Also, it does get quite cold in the NY. I know they are not cold hardy. Is this a bad idea or would winterizing a coop be ok? They are just so pretty, but I don't want to put them at risk!
Look at sally sunshine in PA

How old do Seramas need to be when you weigh them to see what class size they are?

They grow until a year then start putting weight on as they get older. I usually estimate mine at about 10 months of age and allow for a few more ounces.

Back
Top Bottom