American serama thread!

Do I see little fuzz on their feet? So cute!
The light one had slightly fuzzy shanks at hatch but it's almost gone now. I doubt any will be there as an adult. The father is a very handsome silkied serama. He did not have fuzzy shanks at hatch but it may have come from his line.
the Father, named Teddy:
(Isn't he dreamy?!)
teddy 4x6 copy.jpg
teddy 1.jpg
Teddy 2.jpg
Teddy 3.jpg

Yeah, it happens.
Last year I had a lav orp hatch with 7 females & only one male. I actually wanted a male, and the only one was not even breeding quality. Thankfully, I was able to grow out a black/lav split to continue my lavs. I often get female heavy hatches, but my fall hatches did not follow the pattern. (2 male seramas, 4 male orps, & 3 female orps) I can at least eat the male orps.....

Wow, I rehomed one serama pen.. They weighed between 11-14 oz... Lady was like they are too big. I'll pay half.. .Thought B sized were what you are supposed to breed... Think I'm done selling serama to people.

Lots of people want the tiny ones, but those have more issues and don’t breed as easily, have more trouble hatching, fertility is usually lower, etc. I’d rather breed B’s that can actually still reproduce.

And it’s also possible for any size to produce any size offspring. Small ones can produce large offspring and vice versa.

I just sold my 2 male serama chicks this weekend. Normally male chicks do not sell at all, so I had a friend willing to take them as snake food (as a back up plan). I'm very happy they sold quickly and I didn't have to call my friend. It's certainly not a good time of year to sell chicks, but I sold 2 seramas & 2 orpington pullets.

All people should want here are the males. I almost have to force people to take
I just sold my 2 male serama chicks this weekend. Normally male chicks do not sell at all, so I had a friend willing to take them as snake food (as a back up plan). I'm very happy they sold quickly and I didn't have to call my friend. It's certainly not a good time of year to sell chicks, but I sold 2 seramas & 2 orpington pullets.
hen's

Back
Top Bottom