Any Home Bakers Here?

That's for sure! :gigWe got the rest picked up a couple days ago, so I think those will go to applesauce and chips.

This might be a silly question, but can you wash the apples in warm soapy water? We picked a bunch off of the ground and, of course, the chickens are around pooping all over the place. Anything visibly soiled was discarded. Maybe it's not worth it? :confused:

I don't see anything wrong with that. I wash my potatoes with soap when I'm getting ready to use them to boil whole. I don't peel my potatoes.

We all grew up in a better time I think... New grandma Congratulations @Meg-in-MT
This is what I used to fill my donuts .. has a long nose
003.jpg

That's too funny! And somehow everybody got through it unscathed. I like the way things used to be. Now we're beat over the head with how scary germs are every day. I generally don't get too worried about that kind of thing is it's just me, but when other people will be eating it...

I have a lot of feelings on this subject. Let it suffice to say we carry the germs phenomenon a lot to far.

When we wash our hands over and over we are getting rid of safe bacteria. My feeling is this is why so many people are always getting sick.

Enough of my soap box.

We all grew up in a better time I think... New grandma Congratulations @Meg-in-MT
This is what I used to fill my donuts .. has a long noseView attachment 2371783
Thanks, Penny!
I don't see anything wrong with that. I wash my potatoes with soap when I'm getting ready to use them to boil whole. I don't peel my potatoes.
That's good to know!
I have a lot of feelings on this subject. Let it suffice to say we carry the germs phenomenon a lot to far.

When we wash our hands over and over we are getting rid of safe bacteria. My feeling is this is why so many people are always getting sick.

Enough of my soap box.
I'm with ya. My poor brother is a serious germaphobe, to the point where he "air-sips" his own drinks. When it comes to colds, he only has to look at someone sick to catch it!

Thanks, Ron. I don't want to leave anything to chance, I've got a grandbaby coming you know. Did I tell you guys I'm going to be a Grandma?! So exciting :wee

That's big news, congratulations Meg! When is the big event?

Yeah remember what happened to Odwalla?

Nope, who or what is Odwalla? :pop

That's big news, congratulations Meg! When is the big event?

Nope, who or what is Odwalla? :pop
Odwalla is a company that sells organic juice maybe other things as well. Used to be unpasteurized, don’t know about these days. They had an outbreak of ecoli in 1996 which killed a 16 month old child and sickened 66 people. It was eventually traced to an orchard that deer had pooped in.

Back
Top Bottom