Any Home Bakers Here?

I went looking for a recipe yesterday and apparently I haven't posted it here before.... So here goes...

Italian Sausage Soup

This is a Tuscan recipe and cooking technique is important to the end flavor. It's different but similar to the Olive Garden Tuscan Soup as it has no cream. This recipe is also adjustable based on upon the number you're serving. Adjust the potatoes, beans and stock to add for more people. For two people I use 2 potatoes, 1 15.5 oz can of beans and a quart of stock.

2 TBS Olive Oil
1 Large Yellow Onion - Diced
Diced celery 1/2 as much as the onion
Diced carrot 1/2 as much as the onion
1 large Jalapeno - finely diced with seeds (optional)
A little Salt
2-4 cloves of garlic - crushed and diced
1 pound hot Italian sausage - Mild can be used (bulk not links)
1 large potato per person - diced
1 can of Mushrooms
1 TBS Italian Seasoning
2 TBS Basil
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp red pepper flake (optional)
1 quart beef stock, increase as needed for more people. This is a brothy soup.
1 Can diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 Can Cannillini beans with juice
1 bunch of greens (I use Kale, but mustard, collard or even spinach will do) shredded into bite sized pieces. If using spinich, add it to the bowl raw as it doesn't hold up well.
1 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, Parm, Ramano, Asiago, provolone)

More cheese for garnish
Fresh basil shards for garnish

Start with a cold pot. Add Olive Oil, Onion, carrots, celery and Jalapeno. Stir well and lightly salt the veg. Turn fire on medium low and poach the veg until the onions are translucent stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook another 2-4 minutes until it becomes fragrant. Add the potatoes and mushrooms and cook another 10 minutes. Push the veg to the side of the pot and add the sausage to the center of the pot. Cook until browned, keep stirring to break up the sausage into small pieces. Once browned combine with the veg and add the spices. Cook another 2-4 minutes until the spices become fragrant. Add the stock and tomatoes. Check your consistency, if it's not brothy, add more stock. Add the beans cover and bring to a boil. No need to adjust the heat, it will get there on its own. Once it comes to a hard boil, stir in the greens and cheese, turn off the fire and cover for 10-30 minutes until the greens are soft. Serve with cheese and basil as a garnish on top.

Enjoy... Goes really well with a crusty bread for dipping
Italian Peasant Stew was in the google sheet.

This one is there now!

Thanks for the recipe

A favorite here is sour cream pound cake. Props to a Better Homes And Gardens cookbook I bought back in 1996 or so.

1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup sour cream (room temperature)
3 large eggs (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1&1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

I prefer a stand mixer cause this takes a while.

Prepare a loaf pan by greasing and flouring. Heat oven to 325°.
In large bowl beat butter 30 seconds on medium to high speed. Gradually add sugar and beat for 10 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute after each addition. Scrape bowl often.
Add flour and sour cream alternately beating on low after each addition just til combined.

Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

We use this with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for a yummy strawberry shortcake.

A nice add in is 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries gently folded in.

Next time I am going to try it with the topping for this crumble....

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28091638/peach-crumble-recipe/

I got some cinnamon at an Asian store here and it was really good! I don’t know where it’s from but it had a really nice flavor to it.
If you want strong cinnamon get some Vietnamese.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
Very nice "concert" Jared

General tsaos chicken tonight. What is everyone else having?
You posted that on Saturday so the answer here, every Saturday, is Burger Night!

I hope your head injury is minor and the doctor can help you out today. And that you can get new glasses quickly. That isn't usually a very fast process :(

A favorite here is sour cream pound cake. Props to a Better Homes And Gardens cookbook I bought back in 1996 or so.

1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In large bowl beat butter 30 seconds on medium to high speed. Gradually add sugar and beat for 10 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute after each addition. Scrape bowl often.
Add flour and sour cream alternately beating on low after each addition just til combined.

We use this with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for a yummy strawberry shortcake.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Aria

1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Thanks for the recipe!

1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Need to try that Thank you

1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Thanks for sharing, looks good 😁

All the NEW BREAD talk around our area is Dave's Killer Seed Bread and other kinds of bread his bakery makes. Background: he has been in prison and decided to develop Healthy Whole Grains and Seeded Breads.
I just heard about it....AND I am going to try Copy-Cat....see if I an make a same type bread. A New adventure. Keep you posted. Aria

All the NEW BREAD talk around our area is Dave's Killer Seed Bread and other kinds of bread his bakery makes. Background: he has been in prison and decided to develop Healthy Whole Grains and Seeded Breads.
I just heard about it....AND I am going to try Copy-Cat....see if I an make a same type bread. A New adventure. Keep you posted. Aria

Good for him what a way to turn life around

We get that bread here at costco. It is good but I like the bread I bake better

Back
Top Bottom