Any Home Bakers Here?

Morning Home Bakers may get to try the Jewish apple cake today or a cookie in this month Costco magazine
this month exactly as printed

Chewy chocolate ginger molasses Cookies

Ingredients
3/4 c butter, melted
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling.
1/3 c molasses
1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 c Chocolate chips and/or nuts.

Whisk melted butter, sugar and molasses in a large bowl. Whisk in fresh ginger, egg and vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl and stir until combine (dough will be soft). Stir in chips or nuts.
Chill dough 2 hours or overnight.

Preheats oven to 350 F.Grease 2 baking trays or line with parchment paper.
Portion 1 tbsp of dough and shape into a ball. Roll each ball in granulated sugar to coat and place on baking trays. 2 inches apart.
Bake 11 to 12 minutes, until they crinkle and feel set at the edges when gently pressed.
Cool cookies on the trays for ten minutes before removing.
Makes about 30 cookies..
Thanks for the recipe!

Wow, we have a few every year! I think we've had 4 or 5 already this year. We bought a generator years ago, and it has saved a lot of food in the fridge and freezer, that's for sure.

I love those. Honeycrisp are great (but expensive to buy), and so are Empire, with their tangy taste.
We had an outage for 2 hours this year. We had no outages last year but my Boss that lives on the other side of town had an outage that lasted days! She asked for reimbursement form PGE for spoiled food.

We are on the same grid as the county prison so they need to keep power up for that place.

The Honey crisp is not spendy here but East of the mountain here they developed it .. Pare it with Granny Smith make a great pie..
Gala, red delicious and golden delicious are usually in the two dollar per pound cost. Honey crisp, envy, pink lady and etc. are usually four dollars per pound

I make Fire Logs out of read newspapers. Roll tightly twist and make a knot.
I've tried that mostly for starting a fire but with not much luck. I wonder if there are odd "things" in our paper that make it not burn well.

Fill the tub so you can flush!
If the outage is pre-freezing weather we can get water from the stupid pool. Otherwise it is tub, 5 gallon buckets or old kitty litter jugs.

Of course that SHOULD all be in the past, the Powerwalls were installed last week.

but once it does it can dip to 14 F which is arctic down here.
I would never have guessed it got near that cold in Baton Rouge ever, let alone with any frequency!

I use Honeycrisp by itself to make a great pie
DW's go to pie apple is Cortland.

She asked for reimbursement form PGE for spoiled food.
And they said :plbb ?

Congrats on the Friend badge @Sally PB !!

Back
Top Bottom