Any Home Bakers Here?

It is my favorite version of Alice in Wonderland. Very old English one. Closest to the book. Yep. I'm an Alice fan. My 2.5 mo old lavender Orpingtons are Hatter, Absalom, and Alice. :lau
Oh, you have Lavender Orpingtons? Lucky you! I've been wanting some of those for a few years now. So pretty, but expensive. :( Are they as broody as Buff Orpingtons?

Edit - just noticed you said they are 2.5 mo. old, so I guess they wouldn't have gone broody yet - lol.

Are you talking about Gene Wilder? He died in 2016, Alzheimer complications I think. One of my favorite actors who was married to one of my favorite comediennes, Gilda Radner. She passed a long time ago of cancer. And listen to me!!! No, I do not read the Hollywood rags.:lau I just really liked these two.

I forgot that till you said that I was a huge fan of both

Chicken noodle soup

* 1 (3.5 lb) whole chicken or equivalent weight in thighs
* 3 quarts low sodium chicken broth (i use saved broth from past batches or bone broth made earlier and saved)
* 6 carrots peeled
* 4 stalks celery, ends trimmed
* 3 medium onions, peeled
* 5 black peppercorns
* 1 clove garlic
* 10 sprigs parsley
* 2 sprigs thyme
* 1 Bay leaf
2 TBS butter or Olive oil
* 4 leeks, tops and root ends removed (optional)
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
* 3 cups (5-8 oz) medium egg noodles (homemade prepared)

Place the chicken and broth in a large stockpot and set it over medium heat. Roughly chop 2 carrots, 2 celery ribs, 1 onion and add the broth. Add the peppercorns, garlic, 2 sprigs of parsley, thyme, Bay leaf, and enough water to just cover the chicken. Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat to a summer, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 1 1/4 hours, skimming the surface periodically (I always skip that). Remove the chicken and place in a large bowl. Strain the broth through a very fine sieve into a large, clean bowl or stockpot. Discard the vegetables.

Skim any fat off the top of the strained broth and discard. Slice the remaining carrots, celery, onions, and leeks into 1/4 inch thick pieces and set aside. Remove and discard the skin and bones from the chicken. Cut the meat into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. Chop the remaining parsley leaves and set aside. Melt the butter (or heat oil) in a large Dutch oven over medium heat or in the bottom of the stockpot. Add the vegetables and cook until the onions are translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the chicken, the reserved broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer the soup until the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour. Stire in the egg noodles and parsley and cook until the noodles are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.

This recipe does take a while to make but it's always delicious! I always skip the leeks, substitute dried herbs, and make homemade noodles. I love it! My big batch today was a quadruple batch and I think the pot I used (my pressure canner) is a 22 quart?

Chicken noodle soup

* 3 quarts low sodium chicken broth (i use saved broth from past batches or bone broth made earlier and saved)
* 6 carrots peeled
* 5 black peppercorns
* 1 clove garlic
* 10 sprigs parsley
* 2 sprigs thyme
* 1 Bay leaf
* 1 tsp salt

Place the chicken and broth in a large stockpot and set it over medium heat. Roughly chop 2 carrots, 2 celery ribs, 1 onion and add the broth. Add the peppercorns, garlic, 2 sprigs of parsley, thyme, Bay leaf, and enough water to just cover the chicken. Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat to a summer, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 1 1/4 hours, skimming the surface periodically (I always skip that). Remove the chicken and place in a large bowl. Strain the broth through a very fine sieve into a large, clean bowl or stockpot. Discard the vegetables.

Skim any fat off the top of the strained broth and discard. Slice the remaining carrots, celery, onions, and leeks into 1/4 inch thick pieces and set aside. Remove and discard the skin and bones from the chicken. Cut the meat into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. Chop the remaining parsley leaves and set aside. Melt the butter (or heat oil) in a large Dutch oven over medium heat or in the bottom of the stockpot. Add the vegetables and cook until the onions are translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the chicken, the reserved broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer the soup until the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour. Stire in the egg noodles and parsley and cook until the noodles are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.

This recipe does take a while to make but it's always delicious! I always skip the leeks, substitute dried herbs, and make homemade noodles. I love it! My big batch today was a quadruple batch and I think the pot I used (my pressure canner) is a 22 quart?
thanks!

Spanish Rice
full

Its a little on the warm side because I added a small jalapeno.

Chicken noodle soup

* 6 carrots peeled
* 5 black peppercorns
* 1 clove garlic
* 10 sprigs parsley
* 2 sprigs thyme
* 1 Bay leaf
* 1 tsp salt

Super Recipe....thanks for posting. Will make soon. I always
make soup. My favorite food. Hubby does not like. That is ok
more for me.

Chicken noodle soup

* 6 carrots peeled
* 5 black peppercorns
* 1 clove garlic
* 10 sprigs parsley
* 2 sprigs thyme
* 1 Bay leaf
* 1 tsp salt

Thanks for that great recipe.

Back
Top Bottom