Any one ever buy from Cackle hatchery?

Mule Girl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 13, 2012
Illinois
I have bought a few times from Cackle hatchery www.cacklehatchery.com i ordered this year for my self before it was alwas through the co-op for family who wanted me to pick a few out for them. So far so go they were shipped in great condition. they are 2 months old now so I cant wait to see how they are gonna work out.
Curious on how anyone elses experiance was and who you use?

This is my first time buying hatchery chicks.
I chose Cackle because they are the closest to my location.
I love their customer service.
All chicks arrived healthy and very active.
I ordered their white crested black Polish chicks.

Thats cool, I also ordered white crested black polish chickens, I ordered 10 of thoes 10 silver silkies, 10 silver laced wyandottes and 10 Rhode island reds.

Hi,
I ordered my Buff Orphington flock from Cackle Hatchery. I liked their customer service and the chicks arrived
healthy and they have done wonderful thus far. They are a little over a year old now. I would recommend them
to anyone who is looking for a good hatchery to order from.

Here is a pic of the little ones right after we got them and put them in the brooder.

I have ordered from cackle hatchery and my pet chicken.com and i have had great luck with both. I should have a package in the morning from cackle hatchery, I ordered 15 bantam cochins! I am so excited :)

I have ordered from cackle hatchery for several years. this is some chicks hatched may2 of this year. I really can't say enough about their birds. they are great.

I ordered the city-town pullet special (5 chicks) from Cackle, they arrived last week. So far, one has some sort of pelvic deformity/hernia, basically it looks like her abdomen is down between her legs, I don't know if she'll make it to POL and if she does, if she'll even be able to lay. And I'm suspicious that one is a cockerel, although it's really early to tell. You can see pics at the below links... I don't know if it's just bad luck on my part, but with the extra shipping for the small order, these guys weren't cheap.
sad.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/680944/chick-with-pelvic-deformity#post_9204385
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/681295/columbian-wyandotte-pullet-or-cockerel#post_9212420

Note: Just wanted to add I have spoken to Cackle, there's not much they can do but Jackie was at least interested enough to listen, ask around for suggestions, request pictures, and is going to put a note in the computer. So no complaints about their customer service!

Edited to add note

Last edited:
We order from Cackle almost every year, mainly guineas as they run to the river bottom or predators take their toll. Every year the ladies there are SO professional and nice to work with, they have gotten growing pains in the past but worked thru it, all I can say is I feel any gripes about them from certain people on Dave's have been way too critical-- they're one of the BEST by far. Another is Country Hatchery in OK-- Dennis and Matthew Smith are awesome fellas!

Back
Top Bottom