Anyone else EXCITED to be getting baby chicks in the mail soon??

My Ideal order is to ship Feb 3
wee.gif
(although I am slightly worried about the frigid temps we have here....we're always the state "low" temp
sad.png
it was 13 degrees here this morning)

I am getting:

10 red jungle fowl pullets
2 red jungle fowl roos

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm excited/nervous about my new chicks. I've got 7 white silkies and 2 black cochin pullets comin from Ideal. I've got my brooder set up and all I need is to put food and water out for them but i'll wait for them to get here for I give them some so its nice and fresh. Good god, on Feb 3rd and 4th everyone whos got their chicks are going to flood BYC with pics.

Last night I ordered chicks for the first time. Until this year I have always picked up a few at the grain and feed. But they really only get reds and orps. I wanted something different this year so I took the plunge.

5 - comets
5 - easter eggers
5 - silver laced wy

no words t describe the excitement - hubby considering divorce - we are not zoned for the number I will have.

but I have a lot of chicken luvin friends who will gladly take the extras

Quote:
Good luck with your new babies. Hope there's no divorce in your future
smile.png
Bristol MI? We live in the country so luckily we don't have that problem. Its just keeping up with housing for our growing flock
lol.png

I have yet to place my order. mypetchicken isn't taking orders until 2/1. I would not want to be in their office on that day! They will be swamped! I will be ordering 2 hens each of Barnevelder, Welsummer, Chantecler, Delaware, and Salmon Faverolles. I'm going to put together a little bantam coop (DH doesn't know this yet) and will be getting some Nankins from a fellow in my home town.

With my order will be 2 Blue Cochins for my sister and 3 EEs for her friend Mandy. There may also be more as one of my son's classmates' family is looking to get chickens. I'm thrilled! I will set up the order for the first week in March hoping that there will be fewer bone chilling days by then. I'll post here when I get them!

I am so stoked for the chicks to get here...I am expecting 5 of each of the following: RIR, BR, BSL, Australorp and Speckled Sussex. As you could guess, I am trying the egg thing at home:p I have been warned about additional chicks for warmth (packing peanuts) and hope to get a roo or three. I thought 25 was 1/4 box and was a sufficient amt. for good travel warmth. Do you think I will or won't get extras? I bought from Ideal and am expecting shipment on 2/17/10.

Back
Top Bottom