Anyone else EXCITED to be getting baby chicks in the mail soon??

Well, I had an order ready to go for today and I changed it right up until 5 minutes before placing it! I ordered from mypetchicken.com. I really wanted some from their rare marans collection and also the buttercups they have new this year but the first hatch day for both isn't until May! Bummer..... On the flipside, I did get 2 each of Chanteclers, Jersey Giants, Farverolles, and Sussex. It's a good variety I think. Chanteclers and Faverolles are both supposed to lay through the winter, JGs will add jumbo eggs to my egg cartons and the Sussex will add a new color pattern to my flock. All are supposed to be good layers. Hatch day is April 12.

I read somewhere from w/i this forum that MPC gets many of their day old chicks from Meyer hatchery......and it's interesting that the new breeds and colors offered by Meyer are now also offered by MPC. But then there's the <24 chick $30+ fee that Meyer imposes and MPC does not........

15 Pullets Black Sex Link
5 Pullets Red Star Sex Link
5 Pullets Easter Egg Chicken (Ameraucanas)
5 Pullets Partridge Rock
2 Cockerels Partridge Rock
5 St Run Turken

The Black Sex links are for me, the rest are ones my children picked out. They'll hopefully be here the week of March 15, I ordered from Cackle for the first time, we'll see how it goes.

Just confirmed with McMurray that our 51 fluffy butts will be here Monday the 22nd.
wee.gif

Sandee

I'm getting mine from MPC as well: 2 Golden Campines (husbnd's pick), 1 Sussex, 1 Dominique, 1 GL Wyandotte & 1 Orpington. I really wanted some of the Marans and Buckeyes, but the hatch date was later than I was willing to wait. Mine are due April 19th and I'm very excited. Just hope I don't have too much trouble eventually introducing them to their 8 big sisters.

I'll post pics when they are here.

My husband will be excited when there are NO chickens or eggs in the mail
lau.gif
or the incubators My first MM order half died so another order from them coming..if they need another ICU ward like the first I'm done with them.Second order of Bantams only 5 died so not bad..now I have some Ameraucana's coming from Pips&Peeps Can't wait for that box to get here
celebrate.gif
Also a Sandhill order sometime this Spring.
Like I don't have enough already with 150+ eggs running in the bators all the time right now.
We started with 6 for our own use
lau.gif

Quote:
I'm not sure when I want them...... the first week of march or the second week....
hmm.png
I'm also getting my chicks from cackle
smile.png

10 St. Run Buff silkies
10 St. Run Porcelain d'Uccles
5 St. Run Silver Sebright
5 St. Run Black tailed white japanese

ALL bantams
smile.png

We've got a doz Australorps coming june 22 form myers. Bei:rolleyes:ng a newbie retired I figured I needed the xtra time to get the converted shed ready. I also am going to put a fence around our humming bird garden so I can introduce my chickens to any crumb snacthers. Is that a good or bad idea? That's why I ordered Aussies, there suppose to be gentle.

Last edited:
Getting mine next Thursday!!!!! (the 25th)
We ordered from Welp Hatchery, we hadn't ever heard of it but we did a little research and found it! They have so many breeds!!! It took so long to decide!!!
jumpy.gif

1) D'uccles - 2 mottled, 2 Golden neck, 3 mille fleur, 2 porcelain
2)Belgian d'anvers (antwerps)- 4 quail
3)Polish- 3 white crested black
4)Japanese-2 blck, 2 black tailed buff, 2 grey
5) Dutch- 2 buff, 2 blue, 3 golden, 2 BB red
YAY! I'm so excited!!!
All bantams! The heaviest will be 27 oz! SO CUTE!!!!
I'll post pics when i get them...

Back
Top Bottom