Anyone ready to ring in the new year...and lose weight/get fit?

Quote:
So what's your current weight Sissy? Is it 155? If so, I've fixed it for last week and this week. Take a look. See where the column on top says todays date? Under that, you should see, at the bottom, your weight. if it's wrong and it's not 155, just fix it to whatever the right number is. And hey - at least you kept from gaining back!

^ Waaaaah I can't see your link!! Where is this spreadsheet?
smile.png

Quote:
Here 'tis: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmwOsSO7UkjddDRtTUdiZVhvbGtUUXFKM1RzOVVPYnc&hl=en&authkey=CLnVkvUB#gid=0

I've
used Hoodia but I can't say that I noticed a difference in my appetite or energy level.
hu.gif

YOU ROCK Cloverleaf Farm !!! I'd be dancing naked in the streets if I lost that much weight in a week.
lol.png
Guess my neighbors can all be thankful that I only lost a pound.
big_smile.png

Sissy, you need to leave a space before your smilie in order for it to show....it took me a while to figure it out
wink.png
Yeah, I'd get tired of soup too. I've been doing salad. The prewashed mix salad, feta and cranberries....nothing to chop up!
lol.png
I don't like to cook.....I don't even like to chop!! I eat eggs a lot . I also eat those thin sandwich rounds you get at Costco. I like them just by themselves. It's what I use to hold me over if I don't have time to whip something up. It's got to be easy, that's why I was doing the soup.

vfem, I should have done the measurement thing. I was too lazy to go look for a measuring tape, which is a lame excuse because I'm a sewer/quilter and have several. . . also know where they are.
tongue.png
My pants are much looser so I'm going by that. Plus, I just feel better.

annaraven, I think it's hardest when you don't have a lot of weight to lose. You're already close to your optimal weight....it's always those last few pounds that are the hardest. So proud of you for not throwing in the towel!!

I like seeing the spreadsheet because I don't feel like a failure. I think we are often mislead by diet commercials to believe that we can lose 15 pounds in two weeks and it just doesn't work that way for most people.

I'm down one pound but not back to where I was two weeks ago. I haven't been tracking what I've been eating, so that means I've been cheating. I have been very good about exercising. I did over an hour on the elliptical trainer today. I know I have to track to lose weight, I'm at the stage where I always sabotage myself. I lose some, think I can stop writing down what I'm eating, and then I go and eat anything I want.

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

I hate when I do this to myself. But I'm impressed with everyone else. We've been doing some serious weight loss here. I bet when oesdog comes back she'll have lost weight too, getting away from all the sweets that fill up her home. Good job everyone. I'm going to try some of vfem's recipes. I think tonight I turn left over chicken in to pot pie or pasta.

Quote:
Here 'tis: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmwOsSO7UkjddDRtTUdiZVhvbGtUUXFKM1RzOVVPYnc&hl=en&authkey=CLnVkvUB#gid=0

I've
used Hoodia but I can't say that I noticed a difference in my appetite or energy level.
hu.gif

YOU ROCK Cloverleaf Farm !!! I'd be dancing naked in the streets if I lost that much weight in a week.
lol.png
Guess my neighbors can all be thankful that I only lost a pound.
big_smile.png

Sissy, you need to leave a space before your smilie in order for it to show....it took me a while to figure it out
wink.png
Yeah, I'd get tired of soup too. I've been doing salad. The prewashed mix salad, feta and cranberries....nothing to chop up!
lol.png
I don't like to cook.....I don't even like to chop!! I eat eggs a lot . I also eat those thin sandwich rounds you get at Costco. I like them just by themselves. It's what I use to hold me over if I don't have time to whip something up. It's got to be easy, that's why I was doing the soup.

vfem, I should have done the measurement thing. I was too lazy to go look for a measuring tape, which is a lame excuse because I'm a sewer/quilter and have several. . . also know where they are.
tongue.png
My pants are much looser so I'm going by that. Plus, I just feel better.

annaraven, I think it's hardest when you don't have a lot of weight to lose. You're already close to your optimal weight....it's always those last few pounds that are the hardest. So proud of you for not throwing in the towel!!

I like seeing the spreadsheet because I don't feel like a failure. I think we are often mislead by diet commercials to believe that we can lose 15 pounds in two weeks and it just doesn't work that way for most people.

LOL Thanks, but don't think I'll take it quite THAT far!
gig.gif

I am so proud! My sister brought over pizza for dinner, and some pretzels and junk food for the kids... but I ate a late lunch around 2 and never got to eat any of the pizza because she killed like 6 pieces and all the kids ate like crazy, so none for me!
smile.png
I had a little salad instead. HOORAY!

So I had a few glasses of wine to celebrate instead!
lol.png

I have been losing some weight, around 5 pounds in the past month. I'm not dieting, per se, just changing my relationship to food. I have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm not setting a goal weight and I'm trying not to focus on it at all. If it takes 6 years to get down to a healthy weight, so be it. I have done Weight Watchers a number of times before, and while I did lose some weight here and there I also became obsessive about it in an unhealthy way. It made me think about food too much, in addition to stressing me out about each week's "weigh in". Sometimes food was all I thought of, planning my day, keeping track, etc. While I know that it works for many to get their weight down, for me it was unsustainable.

So, here is what I have been doing: eating whole grains more, paying close attention to whether or not I am actually hungry, not buying or baking sweets or snacks (other than fruits), cutting down on my cheeses, using less oil when I cook, and making sure that I get my 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day in. Because I am paying attention to my hunger levels my portion sizes are smaller. I've cut way down on coffee, which was a sugar sink for me. I'm not denying myself foods, if someone offers me a piece of cake I'll eat it. It's just a smaller piece than before. Not having cookies or sweets in the house has been the biggest help. Now if I want something sweet I grab a pear or a few raisins.

The increase in fruits and veggies has made a huge impact on my energy level. My stomach is also much less persnickity, which is probably due to the increase in fiber and a decrease in fatty foods. I am confident that I will continue to lose weight with these small changes, which is a great benefit of overall healthier eating habits.

Ok...I have a confession to make...I just ate a hot fudge sundae!
hide.gif
It was a small, and FANTASTIC...but still...had to come confess my sins!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom