Arkansas Blue egg layers

Pics
John that is too bad - hope it want the dog. Looks like I'll have 4 or 5 - one is a little slow getting going. If you need eggs back later let me know.
Thanks guys. With a little luck I will get enough chicks from my eggs to replace her plus add a few extras. Saddest thing is that she was so sweet. I dont raise my birds as pets but she would let you pick her up without trying to get away... Of course, i havent lost a bird to any depredation in three years and when it happens it's a favorite !

Well - just let me know if you want some eggs in the spring ..... but yours are really good at hatching ! :)

Yeah - I have a big flock - and a dog attack killed only my favorite in the fall. Always. Humph. I think because they used to being cared for and loved .... it takes them too long to realize they are being stalked .....

If anyone would happen to have a dozen or so eggs available I would be interested in purchasing.
Try Ron on here. If he cant help you, i can probably help you in the fall. I just lost one of my two pure bred pullets but I am growing out a few potential replacements now.

Here they are - the promised pictures --- sorry that took so long !

What do you think the two dark ones will look like as adults ? I figure all the silvery ones will be similar to the two I have ...

Here they are - the promised pictures --- sorry that took so long !

What do you think the two dark ones will look like as adults ? I figure all the silvery ones will be similar to the two I have ...

You have blue and splash!

wee.gif

Here they are - the promised pictures --- sorry that took so long ! What do you think the two dark ones will look like as adults ? I figure all the silvery ones will be similar to the two I have ...
The light ones will be splash the others will be blue...

one light one is going to be super splashed ! She already has tons of black flecks coming out :)

So I am pretty happy - it is going to be easy for me to tell the splashes apart ...

now what do you all mean by blue ... grey ones ? (like how people call purple flowers blue flowers? chicken people call nice uniform grey blues?)

Will the blues have splashes in them too ? You can tell I'm pretty happy with splashes.

Here's another - will this be mostly a nice dove grey/silver ?

one light one is going to be super splashed ! She already has tons of black flecks coming out :)

So I am pretty happy - it is going to be easy for me to tell the splashes apart ...

now what do you all mean by blue ... grey ones ? (like how people call purple flowers blue flowers? chicken people call nice uniform grey blues?)

Will the blues have splashes in them too ? You can tell I'm pretty happy with splashes.

Here's another - will this be mostly a nice dove grey/silver ?

Yes, grey is blue and there is a different grey that is called lavender.

You will have a very nice flock!

Back
Top Bottom