Babies have arrived! Pics! And now with video!

Kaessa

Songster
8 Years
Jan 23, 2015
Fruita, CO

Investigating their new home.

We've had a drink and some food and now we're TIRED.

Sleepy babies

I love how the little Welsh Harlequin girl is just CRASHED (upper left). She just collapsed.

Everyone is soooo sleepy. This only lasted about 5 minutes, though, then they were up and running like crazy birds again. From left to right: Blue Swedish, a seriously asleep Welsh Harlequin, a Khaki Campbell, and a Cayuga. All girls, all adorable.

The Cayuga is an enthusiastic little duck, I think she's going to be in charge. She took it upon herself to attack the giant hand in the brooder, and she's beating up on all of her sisters. Bitey!

Videos to come as soon as they get uploaded to YouTube.

Last edited:
Those are coming off today. Hubby is home today, so we have the four hands necessary for the task.

My fiancé and I are taking those off the new ducklings as soon as they're settled in. Last time we left them on so we could tell the genders apart because it said all over the website and packaging instructions that it would fall off itself and wouldn't hurt the ducklings. But a week later we noticed that they were constricting their legs and we're making indents in their skin! Like how a tree will grow around a chain. We got them off right away and, thankfully, there were no ill effects. But we know better now. We all learn from experience, lol.

Yup! They've been chipping parrots for about 10 years now, and they began chipping other birds about two years ago. I'm in the process of making Wobs a bandana that reads "I have a microchip, please scan me!" just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets out!

I doubt it's common in most areas; heck, I doubt most vets have even considered it. But I wanna make sure my house duck is as safe as he can be. <3

Last edited:
Wow, these little girls are keeping me busy!

Verdict: Peas and kale are awesome and worth fighting over. The giant hand is perfectly acceptable as long as it is holding peas and/or kale. If the giant hand does not produce these quickly enough, it gets bitten with disapproval.

I could watch them all day.

"C.O.S" Its a thing
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
0.jpg

I swear, you can sit and watch them grow.

Excuse my voice, I can hardly breathe because of allergies. **** TREES STOP SEXING SO MUCH.

Wow....they are growing so fast! So CUTE!!!

I think they double in size every time I look at them!

We made a handling breakthrough last night during swim time. If I put my hand under their chest, they'll let me skritch them while they nibble on the rest of my hand. They actually came running this morning when I came into the room. I'm pretty excited about this! I already have two ducks that won't let me anywhere near them, it's nice to have ducks that aren't afraid of me.

I am looking forward to them not being so tiny and fragile, but I'm really loving watching them grow and getting to know them.

Two names down (Harley and Mocha) and two to go.

This one is my favorite, I think. She and I got off to a rocky start, but she has decided that I'm ok. She comes running to the edge of the brooder when I walk in the room now. I put in some extra effort in taming her down BECAUSE she was so bitey. Now she just nibbles. I think she's trying to groom me.

I can't wait to give the babies their first swim lesson! I have a feeling Milkshake is gonna be a zoomie, she's already a total athlete, hopping and sprinting all over the place. She's the fastest lil' bugger I've ever seen. Total opposite of Wobbles; he can't submerduck to save his life!
gig.gif

Submerduck. I LOVE IT.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom