Babies have arrived! Pics! And now with video!

Those are coming off today. Hubby is home today, so we have the four hands necessary for the task.
thumbsup.gif

Those are coming off today. Hubby is home today, so we have the four hands necessary for the task.

My fiancé and I are taking those off the new ducklings as soon as they're settled in. Last time we left them on so we could tell the genders apart because it said all over the website and packaging instructions that it would fall off itself and wouldn't hurt the ducklings. But a week later we noticed that they were constricting their legs and we're making indents in their skin! Like how a tree will grow around a chain. We got them off right away and, thankfully, there were no ill effects. But we know better now. We all learn from experience, lol.

My female Cayuga ducking was super bitey. She would latch on and shake her little head as hard as she could. I was concerned she would be mean but she grew out of it in a few weeks. Now she's no more nippy than the rest.

Mine is definitely calming down. She sees me as a source of food and good things now, so she just nibbles on my hand rather than the "bite and twist" that she was doing before. Bribery with peas and kale is working wonders!

My fiancé and I are taking those off the new ducklings as soon as they're settled in. Last time we left them on so we could tell the genders apart because it said all over the website and packaging instructions that it would fall off itself and wouldn't hurt the ducklings. But a week later we noticed that they were constricting their legs and we're making indents in their skin! Like how a tree will grow around a chain. We got them off right away and, thankfully, there were no ill effects. But we know better now. We all learn from experience, lol.

We took them off today. A nice bath in warm water, and they came right off. One had already come off, and we only had trouble with one of the remaining three. They got to play in the water as a reward:

0.jpg

Just took them outside (it's 75°F today) and they huddled up underneath me like I'm momma duck. When I got up and moved, they ran over to my husband.

I WIN!!

I love how the little Welsh Harlequin jumped right up on my boot and laid down.

Just took them outside (it's 75°F today) and they huddled up underneath me like I'm momma duck. When I got up and moved, they ran over to my husband.

I WIN!!

I love how the little Welsh Harlequin jumped right up on my boot and laid down.
That is so precious they look to you as their mama duck now. We got to enjoy that with one duckling when mama rejected him all my other ducklings have been raised by their mamas. Can't get close to them.

That is so precious they look to you as their mama duck now. We got to enjoy that with one duckling when mama rejected him all my other ducklings have been raised by their mamas. Can't get close to them.

I've been trying REALLY hard to tame them, and spending a lot of time with them every day. I like that they latched on to my husband right away... they were afraid of him at first because he hadn't spent as much time with them, but after just a few visits with them when I was there they calmed right down. They really seem to like his voice.
I don't blame them, I do too.
love.gif

Last edited:
I've been trying REALLY hard to tame them, and spending a lot of time with them every day. I like that they latched on to my husband right away... they were afraid of him at first because he hadn't spent as much time with them, but after just a few visits with them when I was there they calmed right down. They really seem to like his voice.
I don't blame them, I do too.
love.gif

Hehe, d'aww. I like my hubby's voice too, he has a nice smooth baritone that still makes me swoon! I wish Wobbles liked him more, when he was a baby Hils didn't spend as much time with him as he should have, and as a result the two of them don't have a bond at all. That's why with these new babies, he's vowed to be a good daddy to them!

Hehe, d'aww. I like my hubby's voice too, he has a nice smooth baritone that still makes me swoon! I wish Wobbles liked him more, when he was a baby Hils didn't spend as much time with him as he should have, and as a result the two of them don't have a bond at all. That's why with these new babies, he's vowed to be a good daddy to them!
Isn't hatch day tomorrow? seeing any thing happening?
My imprinted drake loves my dh but gosh he eats him up when he gets with him, I don't let Opie eat on me like that but I have told him many times to not let him and he still lets him so.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom