Babies have arrived! Pics! And now with video!

i do truely find them beautiful and interesting how you can tell that so many other breeds of geese are related to them around the world but they are a big nusance and the only population control that they truely have are the destroying of eggs and deaths of there goslings, becuase well at least down here and predator other than jagurundie ( spelled it wrong ) will not attack a canada goose .

Really? The ones that live around here are actually quite docile! Even when protecting their babies, I've never seen one get aggressive. Usually they just turn tail and run!

AAAGH those itty bitty wings are so flipping cute.

Oh. They love peas. I smushed some up and fed them out of my hand, and they went nuts for them. The Cayuga is a badass little duck. She was biting the hell out of my hand because I wasn't giving them to her fast enough. I need to break her of that before she gets bigger, because she's giving it all she's got. Which isn't anything but cute at this stage, but I would imagine it would hurt like hell if she were bigger.

Ha, sounds like she's the dominant one, all right! Sounds like you got a real spitfire, just like Wobbles!
gig.gif

And I know what you mean about those lil' nubs. Whenever they try to do the leg/wing stretch, but all they have is that tiny little tuft, but they try to stretch it anyway! And they're so fluffy, and their wings are so tiny, they just stick straight out from their backs with no place to go when they're at rest! ARRRRGH I can't take it, I want my babies to hatch right now!! I gotta get my fluffbutt fix!

Ha, sounds like she's the dominant one, all right! Sounds like you got a real spitfire, just like Wobbles!
gig.gif

And I know what you mean about those lil' nubs. Whenever they try to do the leg/wing stretch, but all they have is that tiny little tuft, but they try to stretch it anyway! And they're so fluffy, and their wings are so tiny, they just stick straight out from their backs with no place to go when they're at rest! ARRRRGH I can't take it, I want my babies to hatch right now!! I gotta get my fluffbutt fix!

How many more days until they're due to hatch? Not very much longer, is it?

How many more days until they're due to hatch? Not very much longer, is it?

Lockdown is this Saturday, and they're due to hatch Monday night/Tuesday morning, if all goes well! But man oh man, is this the most stressful thing any hatcher has to go through...I managed to hatch two call ducks last year, I'm hoping I can get all three out in one piece this year! Please please please be healthy, lil' guys, and may none of you be turned around the wrong way!
fl.gif

Lockdown is this Saturday, and they're due to hatch Monday night/Tuesday morning, if all goes well! But man oh man, is this the most stressful thing any hatcher has to go through...I managed to hatch two call ducks last year, I'm hoping I can get all three out in one piece this year! Please please please be healthy, lil' guys, and may none of you be turned around the wrong way!
fl.gif
fl.gif

fl.gif
Is the Doc{Lacrystol} aware?
aww Wobbles is going to have some ladies?

Is the Doc{Lacrystol} aware?
aww Wobbles is going to have some ladies?

I'm really, really hoping...I've got a vet appointment next week to gene test the babies for gender and potential diseases, and if they get the all-clear both she and Wobbles are gonna get microchipped!

0.jpg

Momentarily clean brooder. They have settled in nicely. I'm getting really attached to them already!

What are YOU lookin' at?

I think I'll just take a nap right here.

OOOH SHINY

My little dinosaur baby.

Back
Top Bottom