Belgian Cuckoo Malines - Next Generation

1st 2 chicks from hatch #3. Hatched last night & this morning. One is still working to hatch in the incubator. :)

Silver one is definitely a roo & darker one appears to be a pullet. The roo hatched out of a jumbo sized egg, so he's quite a big boy. ;)

They look great! Green Fire has them but they are so expensive. I'm trying to convince my hubby to get some to breed but he's balking at the outlay.
Love the pictures!
Thanks. :) They're thriving & one sounds like its crowing at a week old. :lol: Yes, Greenfire is charging a bit of money for them...but rarity has its price. ;) Prices like that for adult birds here in Canada, are not unheard of.

Thanks all! :D I'm very proud of my babies. :) Some more pics of the 2nd hatch from my hovabator.

Unfortunately, the 3rd hatch was an abysmal failure. :( I have taken steps to rectify this by throwing the LG unit in the trash. Too many temperature spikes was probably what caused the problems.
I have since replaced it with this beauty. :D Dry ran it today & all is operational. :thumbsup Will be planning to set the next hatch April 7th or 8th.

Thanks all!
big_smile.png
I'm very proud of my babies.
smile.png
Some more pics of the 2nd hatch from my hovabator.

Unfortunately, the 3rd hatch was an abysmal failure.
sad.png
I have taken steps to rectify this by throwing the LG unit in the trash. Too many temperature spikes was probably what caused the problems.
I have since replaced it with this beauty.
big_smile.png
Dry ran it today & all is operational.
thumbsup.gif
Will be planning to set the next hatch April 7th or 8th.

and i have no doubt you gave it a good swift kick before it heads to the land of the trash lol

They look wonderful.

and that incubator looks like a rocket or submarine.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom