Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

My barred rocks also feather really slow.
The slow feathering gene is required for true barring. Without it you just get cuckoo barring...
smile.png

ok, due to unfortunate circumstances, I am no longer employed, and in need of thinning the flock...

I have available, 3 blrw pullets (2 light blue possibly splash, 1 dark blue) about 10 weeks old or so
2 mature roosters (blues) and 1 12 week old cockerel (blue). the roosters are father and son, the cockerel is also related.

I'm also selling my bantam blrw rooster (very unwillingly...)

asking $20 each, group discount. I am willing to ship, buyer to pay for s&h plus box cost (need to buy boxes, I have no more used ones).

for more info, pm me...

How funny! I saw that picture, and first thought, "I don't remember posting that". Totally the same chicks!

Though I don't think I hatched any quite as light as your lightest ones.

I do have one with a bit of brown/rust, like yours in the back left corner, what did that one turn into?
They are now 5 week old bantams. Splash and shades of blue.

ok, due to unfortunate circumstances, I am no longer employed, and in need of thinning the flock...

I have available, 3 blrw pullets (2 light blue possibly splash, 1 dark blue) about 10 weeks old or so
2 mature roosters (blues) and 1 12 week old cockerel (blue). the roosters are father and son, the cockerel is also related.

I'm also selling my bantam blrw rooster (very unwillingly...)

asking $20 each, group discount. I am willing to ship, buyer to pay for s&h plus box cost (need to buy boxes, I have no more used ones).

for more info, pm me...

Karen I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you can get a good start later when you can afford them.

@BrandyJK

Thanks for posting the picture! They sure look cute! I can't wait to see what mine turn into!

From what I have seen, they will get better lacing as they get older, right?

And WOW, the splash ones that you got are very light! Right now they almost look like BBS instead of BBS Blue laced Red.

Interesting.

Again, chicks are so much fun!

Quote: Yes but mine are heritage BR and feather REALLY REALLY REALLY SLOW. I have had reg BR and Cuckoos and you don't notice the slowness of the barred. I think too the barred birds have an ON/OFF switch for the color and the cuckoo lack that. Barring is BLACK and WHITE. Cuckoo is Black grey white grey and black so they are different. The Slow feathering in good BR makes for really TIGHT and STRAIGHT barring that looks so good on them.

@Alaskan

I do hope the lacing gets better. One of the splash is white with blue tips, the others have red lacing starting on the wings. In some of the blue, the red is really thin. They will make good pets for my daughter. I have three others that are a little older hatched from unclebees birds and they have much better form and lacing. I've noticed they are more aggressive though. One pinched the fire out of me today. I poked back at her a few times until she got the picture.

@Alaskan

I do hope the lacing gets better. One of the splash is white with blue tips, the others have red lacing starting on the wings. In some of the blue, the red is really thin. They will make good pets for my daughter. I have three others that are a little older hatched from unclebees birds and they have much better form and lacing. I've noticed they are more aggressive though. One pinched the fire out of me today. I poked back at her a few times until she got the picture.

Yep, I didn't think that the breeder had the best looking birds, but I thought the birds looked good, and the price was wonderful!

I am still so very happy with the packaging and speed of the eggs, as well as the quality of that hatch, NICE!

Also, from all of the BLR pictures I have seen, they can go through a more blurred kind of bad looking teenage stage and still molt into decent adult feathers.

So, I am still hoping that we will get good birds out of these very cute and sweet chicks, even if they are not stellar. :D

Back
Top Bottom