Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Looking at that tiny tail, I'd think cockerel too. All of mine had the same feathering and tail growth so I was hoping it was just the breed.... but all of mine ended up being roos.
1f622.png
It does look like a BLRW chick.

Yes that's how I could always tell as well. The wyandottes have the slow feathering gene so the boys tails usually feather in slower then the girls.

So I'd love an opinion....

I got this roo for my backyard flock. I don't have any BLR hens for him I just got him bc I loved his coloring. I recently placed an ad trying to sell (or trade) my two lf cochin hens. I have a Speckled Sussex hen and I'd like to get another hen and a roo so I could breed them. I had a lady respond to my ad and during our talk she found out I had this roo. She was interested even though I had no intention on selling him and so I sent her the two photos below. She wants him, like bad. She offered me a trio of Speckled Sussexs for him. I turned her down but said if I changed my mind I'd let her know. I don't have cash right now (which is why I was trying to trade my lf cochins for a pair of SS) but I really didn't want to sell my roo bc we just love how pretty he is.

I'm crazy, right?

I'd love your opinions on my roo. Did I luck up and get a good quality one?

So I'd love an opinion....

I got this roo for my backyard flock. I don't have any BLR hens for him I just got him bc I loved his coloring. I recently placed an ad trying to sell (or trade) my two lf cochin hens. I have a Speckled Sussex hen and I'd like to get another hen and a roo so I could breed them. I had a lady respond to my ad and during our talk she found out I had this roo. She was interested even though I had no intention on selling him and so I sent her the two photos below. She wants him, like bad. She offered me a trio of Speckled Sussexs for him. I turned her down but said if I changed my mind I'd let her know. I don't have cash right now (which is why I was trying to trade my lf cochins for a pair of SS) but I really didn't want to sell my roo bc we just love how pretty he is.

I'm crazy, right?

I'd love your opinions on my roo. Did I luck up and get a good quality one?

If you are fairly close to me, I'd give you a hundred bucks for him.

Turk Raphael

Thank you for the offer. I'm not really looking to sell him. I was curious as to what his quality might be since someone else made a trade offer for him. I really don't know much about chicken breeds. I just have my mix of breeds for my backyard flock so we can have fresh eggs and pretty chickens to look at.

Turk Raphael

Thank you for the offer. I'm not really looking to sell him. I was curious as to what his quality might be since someone else made a trade offer for him. I really don't know much about chicken breeds. I just have my mix of breeds for my backyard flock so we can have fresh eggs and pretty chickens to look at.
okay. I have no idea what his breed/qualities are but I like him and could use him in a personal project. If you change your mind...He would be well cared for and get plenty of 'action'...lol

Hello again, sorry for the delay, technical issues. Here ist he father that I posted pictures of a couple days ago and here are his two older babies, almost 5 months now. One is a black roo and one is a black hen. They are both looking great. I wonder if the hen will turn out dark blue? She has lighter feathers than her brother. Still pretty dark. I also posted a picture of their little brother from same dad, not sure about mom. The two older ones looked JUST like the little one when they were its age. I think it is a pullet but not sure yet.
Any thoughts about color or in general would be great.
thanks

Hello again, sorry for the delay, technical issues. Here ist he father that I posted pictures of a couple days ago and here are his two older babies, almost 5 months now. One is a black roo and one is a black hen. They are both looking great. I wonder if the hen will turn out dark blue? She has lighter feathers than her brother. Still pretty dark. I also posted a picture of their little brother from same dad, not sure about mom. The two older ones looked JUST like the little one when they were its age. I think it is a pullet but not sure yet. Any thoughts about color or in general would be great. thanks
I'm only seeing blues. The last one is a little too ' brassy ' .

Here are a few more pics. I purchased some jubilee orpingtons and this egg made it in there by mistake. The breeder was really nice and said she believed it was a blue laced red wyandotte. I had silver laced wyandottes and by now the comb and wattles were showing red. This chick is quite big though and is somewhat flighty like a roo. Im at a total loss for gender and i uave no experience with blue laced red wyandottes so no clue if thats indeed what i have lol.. :)

Looks more like a Jubilee Orpington to me. How does it differ from your other Jubilee chicks? It has that mahogany feather with the white tip and black band. Sometimes instead of mahogany they can be more of a brassy orange. The Blue Laced Red Wyandottes will have the dark lacing on the tip of the feather.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom