BYC Café

:yuckyuck

I swear, they're more food motivated than dogs. They can have a completely full hay net and a double portion of grain, and they'll STILL come see if I have anything good to eat.

I enjoyed the goats we raised in FL. And you're right...eating machines! I used to have one special little guy that was born at our place, he thought he was my lap baby even when he was almost full grown. Crazy goats! :gig

I took some pictures of the birds this morning.

My Buff bantam Chanteclers. Melody, the little pullet closer to the camera, is my favourite. She's so inquisitive.
View attachment 1656873
Pebbles, 4yo Silkie. I don't like his breed as a whole, but he is such a fantastic individual that he's got a home here for the rest of his life. He keeps the whole flock stable.
View attachment 1656881
Julie, my favourite duck. I hatched her this spring and hand-raised her.
View attachment 1656882
Hailey, Julie's mum.
View attachment 1656885
The goats wanted to say hi too. Or, they were asking for more grain. Hard to tell. :gig
View attachment 1656886
Beautiful critters Banty! Love those duckies:love

My Buff bantam Chanteclers. Melody, the little pullet closer to the camera, is my favourite. She's so inquisitive.
View attachment 1656873
Pebbles, 4yo Silkie. I don't like his breed as a whole, but he is such a fantastic individual that he's got a home here for the rest of his life. He keeps the whole flock stable.
View attachment 1656881
View attachment 1656882
Hailey, Julie's mum.
View attachment 1656885
The goats wanted to say hi too. Or, they were asking for more grain. Hard to tell. :gig
View attachment 1656886
The goats always want more to eat unless they are sick! Nice critters.

Hi yall! How’s everyone? I am well.. I feel for all you peeps covered in snow! We absolutely love snow WHENEVER we get it which is hardly ever!! In my lifetime of 51 years we’ve had it about 5times! Although last year we did get 6-8 inches !!! And it was a BLAST!!! But what yall are dealing with is just a bit over kill.. wouldn’t ya say!? We were supposed to get a touch of it.. flurries.. maybe! So they decided to close the schools for the day a little north of us and started classes 2 hours later here!!!:lau
Thought that might tickle yall a bit!!!

Hi yall! How’s everyone? I am well.. I feel for all you peeps covered in snow! We absolutely love snow WHENEVER we get it which is hardly ever!! In my lifetime of 51 years we’ve had it about 5times! Although last year we did get 6-8 inches !!! And it was a BLAST!!! But what yall are dealing with is just a bit over kill.. wouldn’t ya say!? We were supposed to get a touch of it.. flurries.. maybe! So they decided to close the schools for the day a little north of us and started classes 2 hours later here!!!:lau
Thought that might tickle yall a bit!!!

So you've lived in NOLA all your life?

I wouldn't miss the snow (and actually did not the 6 years or so I lived in FL).

So you've lived in NOLA all your life?

I wouldn't miss the snow (and actually did not the 6 years or so I lived in FL).
I have lived in the surrounding area my whole life. about 15 mins out... and now am actually about 55 mins from there.. if you live within 100 miles of the city you always say “I’m from Nawlins.. dawlin!” ;)

Not right now, no. Maybe 55 cm? Sorry, I'm too groggy to convert that into feet. (Pulled a bit of a late-nighter yesterday.)

:eek: that’s a lot of snow!!

View attachment 1656873
View attachment 1656881
View attachment 1656882
Hailey, Julie's mum.
View attachment 1656885
View attachment 1656886

Pretty birds! And lol love the goats!!

And reading all you guys’ stories is making me want goats lol

Back
Top Bottom