Castle Delight Seramas - Post your photos and share your stories!

Quote:
And we have a baby!!!! I just watched my first Thaddeus baby hatch
love.gif
jumpy.gif
One other pip at the moment ....I think it's going to be a very busy day...at least I'm hoping so!
fl.gif

Carla, you're a grandma...again! And this was from the egg that I saw no movement in. Just a lesson to everyone...don't toss an egg just because you don't see movement!

DSC_0216.jpg

It's been an endless streak of good news in the Castle today - two new babies, one of them from Thaddeus....two more pips with more on the way I am sure.....both my photo submissions of my Seramas made it to the final 45 photos for the BYC calendar....and my little black Serama from the last hatch that went down two days ago is coming around. She was crying for me today and is eating and drinking again. I am extremely hopeful
love.gif

DSC_0212.jpg

Last edited:
YEAH! So glad some hatched! Also glad you are having a great hatch all around! CONGRATS!
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:weee:ya:clap

I'm already waiting for Spring! Can't wait to start trying/hatching again.
big_smile.png

Thank you! Hatch is complete...actually it finished at 1am last night. Two of yours Carla - a yellow one and one very beautiful light tan chipmunky one. Very excited to see what that comes out like! I had 9 hatch overall (out of 15) but I lost one of Deb's overnight. It was the smallest one and hatched from an extremely wonky air sac. I'm surprised it hatched at all actually. Only had one of mine hatch - Thaddeus baby
sad.png
I have put the incubator away for a month but the next batch is all silkied! I am going to get more!!! The others are doing well, fluffing up still so I will have photos later today or tomorrow
big_smile.png

Updating to say I lost 3 babies today, all Deb's and all pretty much back to back
hit.gif
It was so hard. The culprit: bad air sacs. They developed, they hatched and they died. Deb said she has had the same thing happen in her hatches. The others I hatched all had great air sacs and are doing great tonight. I'm hoping to get some photos before bed to post
big_smile.png

Lol and I know what you mean Beth...I stare and stare and stare. Right now I'm staring at combs....are you pink or? LOL I can't believe I have only 3 roosters out of 14 babies....
hu.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Laura this ^ 'lil girl is adorable!
love.gif
love.gif

Congratulations on your new hatches!!
hugs.gif

~Aspen

Thank you Aspen
smile.png
I have very good news to report on this little girl (hopefully she is one)...she is up and around and eating on her own now
clap.gif
I have hobbled her legs so she can strengthen them to walk again but everything seems to be going great. I'm pretty sure she had a vitamin deficiency - rickets? - and after giving her all sorts of vitamins for two days, she is better. Vitamin A, D, B and E plus yogurt and hard boiled egg soup.
This is her resting tonight on her socks. One of them is filled with a handwarmer packet...she loves it. No name for the little one yet...soon I hope
smile.png

DSC_0260-1.jpg

Sleeping in Mommy's hand
DSC_0228.jpg

Her new favorite cuddle spot - sock with handwarmer packet
DSC_0232.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom