Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Hey jungle, you still doing missionary work? Any cubalayas left?
Hey there. Yes, still serving the Lord, but now I am doing more of the logistics of helping younger more able body people go. I did get to go to Guyana for a month in 2019. I caught that virus thing that is going around before anyone knew what it was and came within inches of dying. I was already saying goodbye to my wife and loved ones, but God saw fit to keep me around for a while longer. Although it has been a struggle ever since with my health. Not sure what it did to me, but it destroyed my immune system. I have already had six different viruses this year alone, one this very week. I take handfuls of immune-building vitamins every day, but I just can't seem to stay well.

Unfortunately, I no longer have any chickens at all. After I hurt my back, I got rid of almost all of my stock. Some I gave away, some a sold, and my best Cubas, I donated to a zoo that has a breeding program and an exhibit for them. I kept a few around though, but the predator problem is so bad here those were eventually all wiped out. Here is a predator montage video from trail cameras on my land.

5 week old cubalayas

Attachments

• 20220414_112603.jpg
    20220414_112603.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220414_112648.jpg
    20220414_112648.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom