d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Thanks BBB
smile.png
, The top pix I got from one of the hatcheries and they just had the chicks listed as "quail Belgian D'Anvers". The two blue ones are silkie x D'Anvers crosses I got at a swap
smile.png

Tammie

This is my hubby's beloved hen, Jenny, that came from Catalupa Farms. She was the best looking dark bay quail D'Anvers I've ever seen. She was so elegant and so refined! She died about six months later from a coop fire and didnt recover totally from respiratory distress. I am guessing she was about three years old.

Jenny1-2003.jpg

Quote:
Oh EweSheep she was so pretty but back to d' anvers

Back to D'Anvers? EweSheeps bird is a D'Anver isnt it? I hope so. lol. Cause I have one that looks just like her and I tell everyone thats what she is
smile.png

Quote:
Oh EweSheep she was so pretty but back to d' anvers

Back to D'Anvers? EweSheeps bird is a D'Anver isnt it? I hope so. lol. Cause I have one that looks just like her and I tell everyone thats what she is
smile.png

What I mean't was I know she is a d'anver just don't want to hijack a thread

LOL! Jenny was a Quail D'Anvers from Catalupa Farms. I know the Pontious probably still have them but they are by far the best ones I've seen! I had others but nothing like Jenny.

Quote:
smile.png

Gotcha. I thought maybe I had screwed up a breed again. lol. I spent 2 weeks calling a Barred OEGB a Barred Rock...
lau.gif

Quote:

Gotcha. I thought maybe I had screwed up a breed again. lol. I spent 2 weeks calling a Barred OEGB a Barred Rock...
lau.gif

You are so naughty
lau.gif

Yall killin me!
Yep she was a pretty girl, sure hate you lost her!
Need to get some more sounds like, LOL
Everybody need about 50 I think, but them I have about 170 I think.

Oh Spotplus,
I am pretty sure she is blue quail, or at least a quail from a blue quail line just in case you hunt a mate for her.
A quail not of blue decent look like the pic EweSheep posted, much redder over all.
All are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom