d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I took Mina's egg from her yesterday. Today, she spent lots of time off the nest and tonight, she is on the roost. Today would be Day 14 so this has to be the easiest broken up broody I've ever had, just to take the egg and she goes, "Oh, well, whatev...". Good thing, though. I went to the feed store that always got January shipments yesterday and they said they wouldn't get any this month, for the first time since we moved here over 10 years ago. I really didn't want another baby around here anyway right now, not with the four 9 week olds in that coop already.

Grats on the new chickens, pretty.

I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of a rooster and a hen that i could save and compare to so i can work towards a show standard. I'd like to show eventually and really can't find what I'm looking for through Google searches.

Thank you very much. :)

In other news, my second hatch chicks I've lost all but three. My teeny silvery white chick was almost dead but so far I've saved her. She is doing much better and eating drinking with her larger siblings. She is very stunted and is half the size she should be. She still looks like a day old, but far scrawnier. However her wing feathers are growing as they should. They are coming out black.

Will be interesting to see what it looks like, should she make it.

Wow, I have been MIA for some time. Guess Life just got in my way of BYC. Cyn yikes so sorry about the fire, scary, glad they all got out safe and the pets too.

Ok now I really need some info. I had a wyandotte sit on eggs for me 3 hatched. unfortunalty th eone I wanted to hatch didnt. My goldneck pullet layed an egg in front of me and I put it under her. Well I had an old wyandotte hen in with the broody mom and she got the egg and killed the chick, at hatch. **** hen. So I have 3 chciks that made it. my roos are porcelain and goldneck. no one is seperate. My porcelain hen is gone. I dont think any of the eggs were hers. So that leave millie and goldneck girls.

2 chicks are yellow head but their down is a definit gray and solid grey the other chick is a millie, but it is more gold body, with a stripe.

So if I remember correctly
porcelain to a gold neck will give me 1/2 goldneck & 1/2 millie all lavander carriers
Porcelain to Millie gives me 100% millie lavander carriers

Goldneck to goldneck gives 100% goldneck
goldneck to millie 1/2 goldneck and 1/2 millies

So explain to me what a dominite white goldneck is vs a goldneck? are they not the same?

I promise as i hatch more, I am sure my understanding will be clearer.

thanks all for helping me and being patient.

Kris, Aubrey will be able to explain it better but a goldneck is a millie with dominate white. They can have one copy of dominate white or two and still look the same. If they have two when bred to a millie you get all goldnecks with one copy of dominate white. If it only has one copy of dominate white and bred to a millie, you get half goldnecks with one copy and half millies.There are some splash millies that look like goldnecks, but when bred to a millie will just give blue millies.

Kris, Aubrey will be able to explain it better but a goldneck is a millie with dominate white. They can have one copy of dominate white or two and still look the same. If they have two when bred to a millie you get all goldnecks with one copy of dominate white. If it only has one copy of dominate white and bred to a millie, you get half goldnecks with one copy and half millies.There are some splash millies that look like goldnecks, but when bred to a millie will just give blue millies.
That I actually understand. So visually you cant really see a difference.

That I actually understand. So visually you cant really see a difference.
Thats a question for Aubrey all I have is book learning. No practical experience, yet. I do know when looking at the goldnecks and pyles at shows some are red looking and some are more orange but I dont know if that has anything to do with dominate white.

Hi everyone. So I have a pair of lavender de anvers if I breed my lavender roo to my black hens will I get some lavenders from them? Some information on breeding them would be great.

Hi everyone. So I have a pair of lavender de anvers if I breed my lavender roo to my black hens will I get some lavenders from them? Some information on breeding them would be great.

I could be very wrong, so take my reply with a grain of salt and wait for someone with much more experience than I have. I have only just started in lavenders myself, but unlike you I have no lavender roosters. I am using black roosters on lavender hens. The sex flip may alter the color outcome, but Im not sure. We'll both be learning from your question I hope! :)

Anyways.. in my case, I was told that if I use my black rooster over my lavender hens, the chicks will all be black but would carry the lavender gene. Meaning I can cross those chicks to themselves (or other carriers) and get about a quarter which are lavender color, several non lavender but lavender carriers, and the rest blacks with no lavender gene.

This is, however, what I was told on a LangshanX color program. Not a d'anver program. I havent hatched my F1's from the above scenario yet, still about a week to go, so as of now I'm just waiting to see what comes.

Wow, I have been MIA for some time. Guess Life just got in my way of BYC. Cyn yikes so sorry about the fire, scary, glad they all got out safe and the pets too.

Ok now I really need some info. I had a wyandotte sit on eggs for me 3 hatched. unfortunalty th eone I wanted to hatch didnt. My goldneck pullet layed an egg in front of me and I put it under her. Well I had an old wyandotte hen in with the broody mom and she got the egg and killed the chick, at hatch. **** hen. So I have 3 chciks that made it. my roos are porcelain and goldneck. no one is seperate. My porcelain hen is gone. I dont think any of the eggs were hers. So that leave millie and goldneck girls.

2 chicks are yellow head but their down is a definit gray and solid grey the other chick is a millie, but it is more gold body, with a stripe.

So if I remember correctly
porcelain to a gold neck will give me 1/2 goldneck & 1/2 millie all lavander carriers
Porcelain to Millie gives me 100% millie lavander carriers

Goldneck to goldneck gives 100% goldneck
goldneck to millie 1/2 goldneck and 1/2 millies

So explain to me what a dominite white goldneck is vs a goldneck? are they not the same?

I promise as i hatch more, I am sure my understanding will be clearer.

thanks all for helping me and being patient.
what JJ posted following this is what you needed. and yes dominate white is what MAKES goldneck out of a mille. It's just a gene that covers black with white and dilutes reds to that orangish color. takes 2 copies of it to breed pure more less . In other words, both parents need to be goldneck or be from a goldneck. One like this to a mille will give 100% goldnecks with 1 copy of the dominate white. This new 1 copied goldneck bred to a mille will give you some of both. As mine did this year, single copied goldnecks bred to each other can also give normal milles for the ones that just missed getting a copy of it.

Back
Top Bottom