d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

haha yep I get that alot too off ebay on the egg sales. Actually get several snotty quail people saying something to the extent of "excuse me, but I see you have blue quail eggs for sale, but your picture is a chicken of some form, you need to fix that and show what you are really selling"
Kills me, never mind the fact that it actually says blue quail bantam chicken eggs haha guess they miss that part, some get quite rude about it too...

currently it's 14 colors in the ABA though, 15 soon I hope, unless I've missed one recently
and 9 in the APA
I think you missed one in the ABA. Blue, Self-blue, Black, White, Buff, Splash, Quail, Blue Quail, Mottled, Porcelain, Millie, Buff Colombian, Colombian, BB Red, Cuckoo.

Last edited:
The d'Anver is indeed a bantam chicken. It is recogonized in 15 colors. Of these the color quail is the most abundant and maybe the most popular, this is why they are sometimes refered to as quail bantams or sometimes Belgian quails.

jj
Thanks for the reply and the information. They are very pretty.

Hello all, I'm new to this breed though have always wanted to get some.
Finally I have bought a few. They are the "Quail" color. I didn't realize that they came in so many different colors, now I'll have to buy more!
I think I need Millie
I've been reading as much as I can and looking at all the great pics, can someone point me to or post a pic of the "perfect" Belgian Quail color?
I want to raise some of these and want to be sure I'm going in the right direction.
Thanks to everyone for this great thread.

Hey guys. :) been super busy! Just my luck all the chicks i hatched, 8 of them. Only 2 are roosters... can you guess which two? Yep. The only two porcelain chicks i got.

The older group of 5 are growing nicely the second group of 3 growing nicely ..... except for the little chick. At over 4 weeks old she is the size of a 3-4 day old. She is only just starting to get shoulder feathers.

Will get a pic of her with her sisters its really weird. She sleeps under them like if they were the hen. She eats and drinks and acts normal otherwise.

Very strange.
I love d'anvers, but I don't have any, yet.... But I did have a guinea keet like you describe your chick. I let my hens raise my keets. (So much easier) At 6 weeks he was like a 1 week old. The other keets were on their own, so I put him under a hen with some new hatched chicks, gave them some extra nutrition, and let him be a baby till he was about 12 weeks. He is a beautiful boy now, still a little small, but, not full grown yet, so still has some time to grow.

Aubrey! Mina is broody for the third time. I finally gave in and let her have two eggs... LF eggs. They are out of two different EE hens, sired by my Delaware rooster, hence "Delaweggers", if they hatch. Good grief, she's persistent! I swear, these are worse than Silkies!

Back
Top Bottom