d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

that's right. On the porcelain, it's exactly the same as mille breedings. You just all the above, plus all the above in lavender versions too. Of course there's 2 recessive genes there, mottle, and lavender, so the combos will be more and more unpredictable due to who was split for what.

on the 75% buff columbians, part of those will be split mottled, well depends on which ones you use too.
half the F2's you get will be normal buff columbian and half will be split mottled. If you end up with a pair split to mottled you get 1/3 milles, 1/3 buff columbian, and 1/3 buff columbian split for mottled.

all a mille is is a mottled buff columbian. So it will vary a lot with those recessive genes, just depends on who has what, and you cant tell by looking most times. On some split mottled birds you can see faint mottled tips on a few feathers. If you see that, you know for sure it's a split and how to breed it. Others you just have to test breed. On the lavender s[lits with the porcelain, there arent any indicators.

on the ginger to quail

you should get a quial ish looking F1
back breed those and get more of both. will take a few crosses to clean up the color in most cases though

I appreciate that info also.
I don't recall seeing a Buff Columbian, does anyone have a picture or two?
Or if there are some posted can you please direct me to the page they are on?
Thanks

I appreciate that info also.
I don't recall seeing a Buff Columbian, does anyone have a picture or two?
Or if there are some posted can you please direct me to the page they are on?
Thanks
I've got them scattered all threw the thread. I made them a few years ago here, and have the refined to about perfect now. Got some on ebay this week for the first time. Expect them to go pretty good on there. They are pretty much just not avaiable in the states except here, and are a recognized color.

Here's a few pics of them though. Mine do carry lavender so a lavender version is still possible in some of these.

F3 refined hen, very littled back stippling

F3 hens next to one of the oringinal F1 hens for color comparison

F1 pics, notice how the hens are still dark here. BB red influences

here's one of the blue versions

Last edited:
WOW thanks for all the pictures, I think I like them all, but I'll have to be content with what I have right now, and work from there, hoping later this summer to maybe able to buy some different colors. There doesn't seem to be a "bad" color in this breed.
You all have some beautiful birds.

Aubrey, I am in love with your Khaki Quail d'Anvers! Is this a color that you are selling? I don't see a picture of the Khaki Quail hens on your website. I would love to see some pictures of them
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom