d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Chickee, what color(s) did you get? Congrats on getting your eggs!
clap.gif

Aubrey, I'm really excited! Not that anyone can tell...
whistling.gif
Aubrey sent me some Buff Columbian, Dun Cuckoo, Porcelain and Dun Quail eggs
yesss.gif

Boy am I going to have a bunch of cute colored chicks!
jumpy.gif

When are you getting some?
pop.gif

Chickee, those are going to be gorgeous babies! Dun quail and buff colombian are pretty, and the dun cuckoo, nice! I'd love to see those dun cuckoo when they feather out, how fascinating!

My fave colors are the Gold Necks and Mille Fleurs. There's just something mindblowingly gorgeous about a glowing caramel colored bird accented with sparkling white, or white & black accents. I hope to get some in the post soon!
crossedfingers.jpg

You know, even with all these spectacular color options, the neatest thing for me is finding a friendly, sweet breed. I've already envisioned briefly sneaking my future D'anvers pullet into the house
nono.gif
on occasion for tea 'n mealworm parties.
rofl.gif

warmheart, my favorite is the goldneck thjats why i have these silly birds. they are no doubt the sweetest, ok the roos can be bad, so far i only have 1 that has shown that attitude.

As for Aubrey he is awesome and really good at answering, JJ is right there with him too. they seem to be the nicest of guys willing to share and help.

I must get pics this weekend of my recent hatch. I have very odd down color chicks. Goldnecks with the dark stripes porcelain looking but darker and differnt millies.

Chickee, those are going to be gorgeous babies! Dun quail and buff colombian are pretty, and the dun cuckoo, nice! I'd love to see those dun cuckoo when they feather out, how fascinating!

My fave colors are the Gold Necks and Mille Fleurs. There's just something mindblowingly gorgeous about a glowing caramel colored bird accented with sparkling white, or white & black accents. I hope to get some in the post soon!
crossedfingers.jpg

You know, even with all these spectacular color options, the neatest thing for me is finding a friendly, sweet breed. I've already envisioned briefly sneaking my future D'anvers pullet into the house
nono.gif
on occasion for tea 'n mealworm parties.
rofl.gif
I love the Mille Fleurs also! and any bird that has blue, so I still have lots of colors on my want list.

My porcelain pullet "Star" (in my Avatar) follows me everywhere and if I had more time she would be with me more often. I love to sit out in the grass and watch her roam about tasting her favorite weeds. My porcelain rooster is a real sweet guy too. Very calm and non aggressive.

Hope you get your eggs soon
smile.png

Hey, Aubrey and JJ, my Penny hasn't laid an egg in maybe five or six months. I'm beginning to worry about her. Is it unusual for them to quit for this long? I expected her to be back to business by now. She even seems a bit lethargic to me at times, not her perky self. Think she's just taking her time?

Hey, Aubrey and JJ, my Penny hasn't laid an egg in maybe five or six months. I'm beginning to worry about her. Is it unusual for them to quit for this long? I expected her to be back to business by now. She even seems a bit lethargic to me at times, not her perky self. Think she's just taking her time?
I am not sure, I have a whole pen of millies that haven't laid since before Christmas until the last two weeks I get 1 or 2 eggs a week. I think maybe they are all different in how long of a break they take.

warmheart, my favorite is the goldneck thjats why i have these silly birds. they are no doubt the sweetest, ok the roos can be bad, so far i only have 1 that has shown that attitude.

As for Aubrey he is awesome and really good at answering, JJ is right there with him too. they seem to be the nicest of guys willing to share and help.

I must get pics this weekend of my recent hatch. I have very odd down color chicks. Goldnecks with the dark stripes porcelain looking but darker and differnt millies.
Thanks, Kris I try to answer the questions I know, and try hard not to answer the ones I don't.

I got 2 goldnecks hatched tonight and two more pipped.

jj

Back
Top Bottom