d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Aubrey, thanks for sharing that. Whoa-- look at the upright stance and solid build of the dun quail girl!
love.gif
How old is she? Will it take my birds a long time to reach that size of being filled-out? She. Is. Stunning!

Guess I'll need to wait to see who's a roo and who's a hen for sure.
fl.gif
I'm so in love, wish I could keep them all! What amazing, unbelievable temperaments they have!
thumbsup.gif
Seriously... one we think is a hen flies to knee height, expecting me to catch her!
gig.gif
haha, thanks she is a pretty one for sure, she's 3 now, but just a 7 month old pullet in that pic

What do these look like?

they'ver certainly got a silver duckwing look to them. I get a few that way from some of my silver projects, but they never end up right... honestly I kinda loose them in the pile but none have turned into duckwings on mine yet... sure hope these doo. That darker one especially has a good duckwing down color going. I'm betting if any turn out right, that one certainly should....

A couple of project colors.

Crele, thanks Aubrey for making these.

A couple of pullets

This boy is looking better than his daddy did at this age.

Here is one that came out of the crele project that is well, interesting.

The birchen project

Pullet

Aubrey let me know if I am wrong about this next one. He has a good bit of white on him but none in his tail,primaries, or secondaries so I am thinking he is mostly birchen.

These even come with head gear.

Wow JJ, the headgear one is too cool! LOVE the color on the creme pullet. The one with the interesting colors-- did you invent a splash crele? How old is the creme roo in that photo? I love seeing these!

My d'Anver babies are 4 weeks old now!

971754_543816178998268_776495484_n.jpg

947180_543816242331595_1638119350_n.jpg

We love these chicks soooooo much!!

934633_543816172331602_442753188_n.jpg

JJ, spoil the chicks, me?
whistling.gif

JJ, I kept meaning to type in crele, not creme, sorry! I love those creles! The pompadour on that crested bird is adorable, too!

Skin color/ chick comb color question: The chicks are now 4 weeks. Our palest chick with the lightest down color (whitish-yellow) has a raised comb now, with bumps. We thus believe him to be a boy-- but his comb is pale. (a very pale yellow)
The darkest-colored chick (very dark brown) has a comb that is not raised, is flat, has no bumps-- but is a dark red.

So.. does skin color impact comb color as babies? Could the very-dark-brown chick/ flat-but-dark-red-comb baby be a girl? Oh, the suspense!
rofl.gif

PS--That's the one who built a nest on my hat!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Warmheart you are doing a great job spoiling them. Guess I need to get you here with mine. I have to many to spoil them all.

So Aubrey/ JJ the white ones I took a picture of is a dominate white Porcelain it seems and it looks like I have a pair.

Now what do I do with them??? I had a friend over who is experienced in d'uccles. She just was not sure how I could use them at this point.

So, I have:
Millie hens
Millie hens split to lavender
Goldneck hens (one of these has to be split to lavender as the dominate white roo has feathers on legs and came from the goldneck hens egg that also has feathering on her legs)

porcelain roo
millie roo (split to lavender most likely)
goldneck roo (too much white on him)

so what should I do with the
dominate white roo
dominate white pullet

is there any chance with any of them I can get a porcelain pullet out of any combination with these guys

Warmheart you are doing a great job spoiling them. Guess I need to get you here with mine. I have to many to spoil them all.

So Aubrey/ JJ the white ones I took a picture of is a dominate white Porcelain it seems and it looks like I have a pair.

Now what do I do with them??? I had a friend over who is experienced in d'uccles. She just was not sure how I could use them at this point.

So, I have:
Millie hens
Millie hens split to lavender
Goldneck hens (one of these has to be split to lavender as the dominate white roo has feathers on legs and came from the goldneck hens egg that also has feathering on her legs)

porcelain roo
millie roo (split to lavender most likely)
goldneck roo (too much white on him)

so what should I do with the
dominate white roo
dominate white pullet

is there any chance with any of them I can get a porcelain pullet out of any combination with these guys
I will leave the dominate white stuff to Aubrey, but your millie hens split to lav x your porcelain roo will definitely give you some porcelains.

Back
Top Bottom