d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Hen and chicks to show at the county fair
She hatched 9 out of 10, looks like 3 bb reds and 7 crele.

Just adorable!!
love.gif
Makes me want to get more d'Anver eggs to hatch!
hide.gif

Still no one interested in my brood. Two cockerels and one pullet have feather stubs on the legs, but the other pullets are clean legged and all are adorable. I finally just dumped the older pair in the bantam pen with the rest of the hoodlums and removed the standard breed chicks, who are together and also up for rehoming, but dang, no one wants any birds right now. I have to get rid of the bantams. I really need to move a group out of a coop that was never meant to be a coop, so I don't trust it to be safe enough (though most folks would say it's fine, I suppose). Was built as a storage shed, not a coop, and I want to tear it down completely and build a real barn. That would mean moving the older hens into what is now the bantam coop, safer for them and easier on their arthritic joints.

Here are the older pair. The pullet is just like my Wrong Way Lucy was as a chick, so delicate and adorable and quiet, except when she gets left behind. She was so attached to the standard DelaRock cockerels she was free ranging with, a marriage NOT made in heaven, lol. They were 5x larger than she was already. Sorry about the poopy roosts. A complete clean out is coming up soon, but it won't stop raining long enough.

Last edited:
Yeah, we were so excited to find a "first egg" from one of our d'anvers today!! One of the roosters tipped me off because he actually singing the egg song.

It is the tiny, white egg next to a barred rocks egg for size comparison.
Our d'anvers are only 19 weeks old so I wasn't expecting eggs yet. We are saving this one until we have enough to incubate. :D

Yeah, we were so excited to find a "first egg" from one of our d'anvers today!! One of the roosters tipped me off because he actually singing the egg song.

It is the tiny, white egg next to a barred rocks egg for size comparison.
Our d'anvers are only 19 weeks old so I wasn't expecting eggs yet. We are saving this one until we have enough to incubate.
big_smile.png
Cool! What color d'Anvers do you have?

September first mine will be 4 months old. Can't wait for them to lay
big_smile.png

Yeah, we were so excited to find a "first egg" from one of our d'anvers today!! One of the roosters tipped me off because he actually singing the egg song. It is the tiny, white egg next to a barred rocks egg for size comparison. Our d'anvers are only 19 weeks old so I wasn't expecting eggs yet. We are saving this one until we have enough to incubate. :D
Cool! What color d'Anvers do you have? September first mine will be 4 months old. Can't wait for them to lay :D
They are splash, quail (according to Aubrey) They started out as plain white and have blossomed into pretty birds -especially the boys. The boys are very splashy.

Chickee, the first picture is 1 of the roosters strutting his stuff & the other picture is the 3 girls dust bathing.

Names are Rusty, Dusty and Rascal & Pearl, Opal and Oyster.

Thank you, Chickee. :)
You'll probably start getting eggs by October but maybe not. The other 2 girls' combs are still pink compared to the girl that laid the egg.
They sure are a fun breed of little chickens.

Back
Top Bottom