d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

After his history of battling foxes, coyotes, dogs and even recently killing a stray cat that made the fatal mistake of wandering across his domain, I think that rooster deserves a foot massage or ten. And you do have it in your will that if something happens to you, that boy comes to me, right? I love that rooster. I do, however, sincerely hope you outlive that guy, but I don't look forward to the day I'll have to console you when he's gone. He's a treasure.

Oh, check out my Aubrey's shortened spurs in this picture. They are 1/2 their former size and blunted, yet you can see there is still considerable length on there.

Aimee, finally not mothering chicks now that they are 16 weeks old, but still not laying again yet.

Miss Wrong Way Lucy

Aubrey threatening me because I dared to bring a camera into his coop, and Maura:

The group

Last edited:
oooooooooh you took the evil camera into Aubrey's Coop and came out unscathed? Lucky you. Wrong Way Lucy aka Lucy Goosey is precious even if she is a little odd.

Yes if something happens to me then it is arranged for Lancelot, Hector and Zena to go to you....As I recently lost Hector, Lancelot and Zena will have to do. That way you can finally have a splash Suede daughter living with you....she is the last so fitting she should go to you. But I do hope to outlive my boy, even though it will be heartbreaking to lose him because he is my big blue love.

Well that could explain it. The Delaware white is a silver base I believe and they have the barring gene but where would the blue splash fit in or would it just be over written?

Well is it really splash or just light blue? Has to just be blue and didn't get a copy. If splash it would be a must that is would only make blues

No, it is a true splash, Aubrey. Here is the hen who is the mother of that rooster LH posted, though she is a bit Georgia clay colored at the moment. My Delaware rooster sired that male and Snow here is his mom.

Last edited:
There is that gorgeous sweet shuffling girl.

BTW Cyn....you get The Goober too if something happens to me. Ya know he is safe around birds BONUS!

There is that gorgeous sweet shuffling girl.

BTW Cyn....you get The Goober too if something happens to me. Ya know he is safe around birds BONUS!
Oh, the Goober dog, score! I love that dog, too. He's my pal. Would be heaven to have a chicken-friendly dog.

Anyone in my neck of the woods in the next few days who may be interested and can pick them up, I have some D'Anver eggs for sale, probably the last of the season, considering it's September now. You'd get some porcelain chicks out of them as some are pure porcelains and some are out of porcelain split hens with porcelain split or porcelain roosters; then a couple are Carly's and she is a Mille, no porcelain in her, but the chicks would be splits. Go to our webpage in my sig line and then to farm sales. Otherwise, they'll just be eaten. Right now, there are 9 in the batch, but hopefully there will be a couple more by Wednesday.

How many days is the incubation period for d'anvers? Same as silkies (21 days)?

I'm doing a test hatch with 9 d'anver eggs and about 40 silkie eggs. Most of the silkie eggs aren't fertile but I've been saving everything since the end of July! It should be interesting.

Bumping this and hoping for an answer before getting too close to lockdown. Thank you

I'm so sorry we skipped over you. Same incubation, though they can pip and sometimes even hatch on Day 19. They mostly seem to hatch on Day 20 and some are right on time on Day 21. I've had mostly broodies, though, and they always hatch before Day 21 under mama around here.

Back
Top Bottom