d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Safe travels... We can hang on for few more weeks. We can! Lost one of my turkey hens today. Rehoming a gobbler. Hopefully I will gets done poults out of the remaining hen.

D'anvers are one of my favorite breeds. Unfortunately I only have one rooster named Clyde. His hen, Jeanette, was lost to a raccoon a while back. I plan on getting more d'anver chicks in the spring because they are just so amazing and a wonderful breed.

Here are some pics of Clyde:

Cynthia, prayers for your family. Hope your FIL is comfortable.
Thank you, Kathryn. He seems okay now that he's in the hospital on meds. I'm not sure he really believes he has cancer, but tomorrow, they will give the results of the tests they ran to determine how far advanced it is. The left lung is collapsed and there is a mass the size of a large apple on it, plus he has blood clots breaking off in the legs and one was in the lung. So, not looking great right now. My 92 yr old father with one leg is in much better shape than either Tom's dad or Tom's younger brother, whose fate will be the same as his father, it seems. He is also on oxygen with COPD.
hmm.png
This is after Tom's mother died from emphysema back in 2000. Tom is not a smoker like they were, thankfully, but he was trapped in that house as a kid until he left for college so he got plenty of second hand stuff.

On a chicken note, you should see the line up of broodies in my bantam coop. Good grief, I hope there aren't more of them, but Carly and Aimee both have the tendency so with four others clucking and screeching in there, seems inevitable.

Last edited:
D'anvers are one of my favorite breeds. Unfortunately I only have one rooster named Clyde. His hen, Jeanette, was lost to a raccoon a while back. I plan on getting more d'anver chicks in the spring because they are just so amazing and a wonderful breed.

Here are some pics of Clyde:

Jimmy, sorry you lost your hen! Is Clyde good natured or a typical d'Anver male? He looks sweet. Doesn't have that killer evil eye!

Yes, Clyde is very sweet.

He is very respectful of the hens and rarely picks fights with the other roosters. He is one of the most friendliest chickens I have and loves to eat out of your hand. He can be a little loud sometimes and competitive with the crowing though, but he's still an amazing addition to the flock and stands out the most.

He also likes to show off and pick at camera lenses apparently ;)

Clyde is a handsome little man. I love my d'anver boy too...Rufus is a hoot! He has no d'anver hens either however how ever the little stud muffin has a d'uccle henb and two silkie hens. He also oogles my porcelain and paint silkie women.

Back
Top Bottom