d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Aubrey, I am getting some of your mottled d'anvers eggs, your pics just pushed me over the edge and sold it with the spotted beards. YAY :D
What other color would breed interestingly with mottled?

haha couldn't stand it eh.
Listing some of those on the ol ebay this week I think.
Any of the colored solids, blue, dun, or lavender would go with mottleds, you'd just have to get with me on the genetics, but can easily make mottled in those color bases too.
Of course, mille fleur, porcelain, and goldneck are mottled birds as well, mottled on buff columbian
spangled is mottled on a bb red

so forth and so on.
Just remember motted is a recessive gene. Both parents have to have it for it to show up. Otherwise, you get splits in these other crosses to mottled. Mark those chicks and breed them again to mottled, or each other and it will bring the mottling back out

Aimee's egg she's sitting on is finishing up Day 17 and is already in the air cell and cheeping up storm! I don't recall one being so early. If it's already in there, it will probably hatch by Day 19, maybe even by the end of the day tomorrow. Today, she got confused and left it to sit on an egg someone laid in the nest next to her and her egg cooled way down. I caught it and put it under her so had to candle last this afternoon to see if it was still moving and got a real shock to see it up in the air cell already on Day 17.

BTW, this is a D'Anver egg. She had two but one wasn't fertile or at least, it didn't begin development.

ETA: Aimee has a chick hatched on Day 18. Looks porcelain or super duper light mille. Isn't all fluffy yet to be sure, but will get pics later if I can.

ETA, adding pic. It's porcelain!

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any hatchery that sells that D'anver color. They only sell quail and blue quail, usually. Where did the chick come from?
Tsc. They use Mt. Healthy hatchery. Mt Healthy doesn't advertise their bantam breeds. The website just says assorted. Her wing feathers are coming in sort of light speckled gray. I don't care what she is really, more curious than anything. She is the fluffiest chick I have ever seen and I raise silkies LOL

Its so cute I can't wait until the mixed bantam In so I can look for one.

I believe I have a Milli trio and Porcelain cockerel. Cyn I need a pullet to go with him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom