d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Congrats JJ I still say she wishes to comes live with the hairy legged horde in Kentucky.

I am thinking JJ needs a pair of my designer pet creations....the Coch'anvers.

Last edited:
Congrats JJ I still say she wishes to comes live with the hairy legged horde in Kentucky.

I am thinking JJ needs a pair of my designer pet creations....the Coch'anvers.
I am thinking Not !!!
ep.gif

Ladyhawk, my wife appropriated two of my silver quail hens and has them in a pen with her bantam Light Brahmas. Don't know why
idunno.gif
but I thought of you when I was doing the feeding. I should send you some eggs.
lau.gif

jj

I am thinking Not !!!
ep.gif

Oh I am thinking YES!!! Judging from the following post of yours I think your wife would LOVE THEM.

Ladyhawk, my wife appropriated two of my silver quail hens and has them in a pen with her bantam Light Brahmas. Don't know why
idunno.gif
but I thought of you when I was doing the feeding. I should send you some eggs.
lau.gif

jj

Muahahahaha the spores have affected her and now she wants a hairy legged horde of her own. My plan for hairy legged world domination is working!

But on a serious note....here are four pullets from my first coch'anver breeding.....interesting outcome that I would like both your thoughts and Aubrey's thoughts on.... Okay here is the deal.....

Cynthia crossed her bantam Lav Cochin with her male d'Anver... and we got these beauties (which I took) to continue the project....

The breeding from that group gave me these four pullets....interesting differences

A black pullet that is more cochin body style and type

Again with a porcelain ? which is the only clean legged

The porcelain pullet by herself

The other black pullet more to d'Anver type with KLF :)

Finally the lavender pullet who has muffs to die for hehehehehe and a single type comb

So my goal in breeding this designer pocket pet is

A) Tone down the pitbull male d'Anver temperament

B) Give me my beloved feathered legs and feet of the d'Uccles but softening the feathers from the hard boot feathers of the d'Uccles

C) Get some wonderful color in a great pet that is good eye candy as well

In addition to your thoughts on these girls, genetics question for you....as all of these gals have the mottled gene of their Grandfather and obviously lavender genes, what should I look to of these options...

Cynthia has a black cochin roo that I can put with MF d'Anver hens which we think will yield predominately black chicks.....I have two young lavender cochins which could be a pair (I should know over the next week or so for sure) so I could get a colored male d'Anver to put over the lavender cochins.....

I am lost....I want to get better feathering, albeit I am not particular as to which body type because I like the rounder cochin body as well as the leaner d'Anver....

HELP guys please.....I need input where do I go from here?

Last edited:
The black pullets have a birchen look to them, almost had to come from the cochin. They also had to have a different father (must have been a millie) than the lavender birds. I think I would cross the lavender roo (in the top picture) with the blacks and the lav cochin pullet. It would give half of the chicks a double dose of the fungus and beards. Use your cochin roo on the lavender coch'Anver pullets.

Later in the morning when I wake up...

If the rooster was a millie split to lavender all these chicks could have came from the same pair. One question "mottling gene from their grandfather", this reads like these are out of a cochin and d'Anver. They should all be split to mottle unless their was another cross made since the original.

Last edited:
I'm just beside myself. I turned the babies out this enening and I couldn't find any of them at lock up. I did search and find the milli roo, but I'm just heart broken I can't find my sweet little pullets and the blue roo.

Back
Top Bottom