d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

That's why I figure until the little guys get old enough and I can rotate Rusty out there is a chance I will get some. Genetic question... Aren't my girls split to porcelain? If I breed the porcelain roo to them. Is their a chance I will get porcelain chicks?

That's why I figure until the little guys get old enough and I can rotate Rusty out there is a chance I will get some. Genetic question... Aren't my girls split to porcelain? If I breed the porcelain roo to them. Is their a chance I will get porcelain chicks?

Yes, your girls were sired by either my full porcelain rooster or my 3/4 porcelain rooster, so if you breed your little porcelain male to them, you should get some porcelain chicks out of that.

When breeding Cuckoo. Is a single barred male preferable over a double barred male? Or Vise Versa and why?

It is definitely a male. I just turned on the brooder light and he crowed.... It was a peep peep crow, but a crow none the less. My son is convinced he will be nicer than his Dad. His Dad certainly did not crow this young.

Last edited:
When breeding Cuckoo. Is a single barred male preferable over a double barred male? Or Vise Versa and why?
It is definitely a male. I just turned on the brooder light and he crowed.... It was a peep peep crow, but a crow none the less. My son is convinced he will be nicer than his Dad. His Dad certainly did not crow this young.

With a single factor barred male, you'll get some solid colored chicks if you breed to solid colored females. With a double factor barred male, all of his chicks should inherit his barring to some degree. A properly barred male will be double factor barred, as in a pure Barred Rock male vs a Black Sex Link male.
The rooster who used to be my avatar, Rex, is single factor barred - his mother is a BR but his sire is my Delaware. His brother looked pure, probably because he got a barring gene from both his dad and his mother. Rex only got the one and he produced both barred and solid colored chicks when bred with my Blue Rock hens.

This is Rex

Last edited:
I have a hen that looks like him and a black hen whos mama was barred, Dad black, per Aubrey. I am considering switching his Dad out as he keeps jumping my kids and I know it will get worse with age.

Thanks to having three broodies and one threatening I am about to commit a genetics crime....

Wait for it.......

d'Anver over silkie for "danvilkies"

Muahahahahaha these should be the ugliest children on the planet or the cutest... time will tell.

Last edited:
Thanks to having three broodies and one threatening I am about to commit a genetics crime....

Wait for it.......

d'Anver over silkie for "danvilkies"

Muahahahahaha these should be the ugliest children on the planet or the cutest... time will tell.

already seen them. a giy on the d'anver FB page posted silkied d'anvers.... very very ugly haha but cool

Not sure even I would go for that one, not being a Silkie fan, however, I did once have three hens, sisters, who were 1/4 Silkie, but the only signs of that were their modified poufs. Best little hens I ever owned.

Now would you like to know where I have put the babies for the time being. Yep the Silkie house. They are the only ones I don't let free range. I don't want to take a chance on losing them with the rain we are having. The dominant roo was calling them to food so I think this will work until I get the D'anver house expanded.

Back
Top Bottom