d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

they aren't d'anvers. Pretty sure they are old English. I got off last night, was rushed again. But no need to worry about combs for sex, they are pullets based of color and pattern. Males would look 100% different by now in them. That's also why the comb is tiny, yes if they were males, you'd see a good comb sticking up by now.

but yep, feel sure they are oegb. based off body carriage, type and over all look.

I certainly wouldn't have been the one to ask about OEGB since I don't have any. Have seen plenty, just not as chicks in person. All I knew was something didn't look right for D'Anvers, LOL. As far as bantams go, I've had only the D'Anvers and a couple of bantam Cochins.

If anyone local to me (tri state GA/NC/TN area) needs eggs, I should have a dozen in a couple of days. All my broodies are coming back into lay now, thankfully. Amazingly, Carly, my 3 yr old head hen, is a tiny girl and lays the smallest egg of all the hens and pullets, while Jenny, the tiny hen I almost lost to cocci early on in her chickhood, lays the largest of all of them except for maybe Mina. Those two lay eggs as large or larger than a bantam Cochin.

Quail is the only variety I'm comfortable calling on OEGB'S, with over 30 recognized varieties. The chick in the picture has the eye stripe from it's dutch bantam daddy but the gray down with the golden face is quail all the way. Our hatchery d'Anvers were colored the same.

lau.gif

I hear ya girl!!

na, I think I'm good, I'll pm you JJ's address though
lau.gif

:lau  

I hear ya girl!!

na, I think I'm good, I'll pm you JJ's address though :lau

Oh I have his address, I already dosed a package with spores when I sent his wife soaps he ordered. Muahahaha

But I do believe GA needs some fungus....heck I could bring the spores next week and release them down near you. Cyn would ride with me down that way to help I bet.

I was wondering if crossed beaks is a problem that crops up often in the d'Anvers? I have one in the chicks I hatched from my birds and one in my new batch of chicks with crossed beaks
sad.png
I don't recall having this issue in the ones I've had here, but it is usually genetic and you never breed from those even if you decide to keep one. I'm trying my best to recall if anyone hatched any crossbeaks from any eggs I sold, but I can't remember.

Oh I have his address, I already dosed a package with spores when I sent his wife soaps he ordered. Muahahaha

But I do believe GA needs some fungus....heck I could bring the spores next week and release them down near you. Cyn would ride with me down that way to help I bet.
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom