d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I have an antifungal spray I use down here

but if yall want to come down, by all means, pile up and come on! would love to see you both

just take your crazy meds first
Wow, we have two invitations to wreak havoc!
tongue.png
What fun! We'd love to meet both of you, too. I hear that my friend, John, is planning to come back down and pick up some more stuff from you soon. He's such a nice guy, offered to bring something back if I needed anything from you. Gosh, with all these nutty broody wenches in that coop, I always have chicks coming out of the woodwork!

I have an antifungal spray I use down here

Silly sweet man there ain't no cure for or defense from Kentucky Leg Fungus

but if yall want to come down, by all means, pile up and come on! would love to see you both

I must use my GPS lady and that witch lies to me....send Cynthia directions. GPS woman told me to make a left and I was traveling 70mph on I 75 and there are NO lefts.

just take your crazy meds  first

No way...I wish for you to meet the real moi...it is a treat I assure you. Lock your coops, hide the duns khakis cuckoos and the lavender varieties...oh and the mottleds...some of them would have to take a Jeep ride to come to Kentucky. ( where is that halo smiley)

Last edited:
I bought another pair of d'Anvers... And something other than quail! The pair consists of a black cock and white hen. I know the donts of breeding those two colors, but I do want to experiment with genetics a little :) In my area whites are pretty rare to come across, especially of this quality! The blacks are a little more common. I know he's not perfect but I can find him some hens with good points where his flaws are. Oh, and he's not aggressive at all...yet ;)

She's a really good poser. I'll give her some oats to bulk up a little.

He on the other hand is camera shy. And his eyes are correct, it was the best shot of his type

Edited to show pics correctly

Preston

Last edited:
What kind of coloring would the chicks have if I crossed a blue wheaten with a black? (The breed would be OEGB but this thread seems to have more gene savy people on it than the OEGB thread)

Back
Top Bottom